Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Kaos General, Jul 2, 2010.
I am bored so post all youir electrical problems and ill answer them lololol
i'm trying to recharge my duracell batteries by wiring it to the wall connectors. But instead of charging it, it melts my batteries. What's wrong?
Funnily enough you can actually recharge normal batteries!! Hell you try putting 240 volts through a rechargable battery and see what happens lol
how do i stop my electicity from short circuiting out? Like if i use too much power....
Fit a higher rated MCB.
Thats an overload your talking about not a short circuit
ok my parents have a house that has aluminum wiring ...a while back they had a problem with a light switch....they replaced the switch but still their was a problem as the light switch failed to work even tho it was new...they called in a electrician to fix it but if it was you how would u fix it???
The solution is right there when you mentioned aluminium cables. I can guarantee somewhere in the circuit someone has connected the aluminium cables to copper. Aluminium is a bad conductor but its cheaper than copper which is why its used. Me personally, if i had the money id rip out all the aluminium wiring, but thats kinda expensive so all ya need to do is when getting a new light switch, never ever put anything copper near that aluminium or it will never work. Copper has a different resitivity to aluminium which when connected together either wont work or will trip out your MCB every time you try and switch the light on.
Bear in mind though if the person your parents employ isnt part of NICEIC or NAPIT then theyre cowboys and wont know what theyre doing