The end for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a low score in the Spanish CLEP exam and it ruins my plans for going to a university this year. I want to get away from my parents, mostly my father, because he's nagging about the bills and that no one is trying to find a job. The truth is that I've been looking for work for a long time and now I think I should call it quits. I'm so depressed right now and I lost the will to live. I don't even want to continue school anymore and just give up hope.

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Hi and welcome...I truly understand what it is like to struggle through college, but today, I am doing what I want and have a place in the world...it takes time and direction...sometimes, we feel so burned out that we do not know how to...maybe ppl here can provide you with the support and guidance so that you can find what is right for you...big hugs and welcome again, J

stig

hi kaos, welcome to the forum. life does seem crap at times, but problems can be worked through. there are people from all walks of life that can offer you help and support. use this site and the people here to get better and move on.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
that score does not ruin your chances of getting in to uni it is just a score you can explain it was day you were not well at time. You can go wherever you want be what you want it will take time and energy. Your adult follow your own dreams now okay time to leave nest maybe if parents are being to demanding on you. Maybe get place of your own or go to college first see where that leads you to okay some business prefer you to have both college and uni degrees take care.

Huw

What's so wrong with getting a job? If you feel like killing yourself try hard work it's nearly killed me a few times, but I survived.

I got a low score in the Spanish CLEP exam and it ruins my plans for going to a university this year. I want to get away from my parents, mostly my father, because he's nagging about the bills and that no one is trying to find a job. The truth is that I've been looking for work for a long time and now I think I should call it quits. I'm so depressed right now and I lost the will to live. I don't even want to continue school anymore and just give up hope.
There is no point giving up hope when life gets a bit tough. Life will throw a lot of hardships and trials at us but we just got to get through it ad if you have belief in your lord then you should rely on him and he will help you through just like he did with me because i also found my early to late teens very tough because my father was voilent and abusive towards us and life was so difficult but with my lord there i got through it all.

You can to so have hope and put your faith and reliance in God and he will get you through. Turn to him in prayer and ask of him for assistance and he will not turn you away.

I know exactley how you feel because i felt the same especially in my late teens when i thought i am never going to get anywhere in life and i wanted to be something big and someone that is recognised for something special. But i knew i would'nt achieve that and it did really get me down. When i used to look at celebrities and big stars and used to envy them thinking look at them and loom at how happy they are. I looked at one of my cousins who was a millionaire (even though he never admitted it) and he had a beautiful wife and big house and thought to myself i could nevr have that.

Then one day i found out my cousin was getting divorced and his wife was leaving him. Next thing i knew the divorce grew quite bitter and they both seperated and now my cousin is in Malaysia with not much money at all. Look at how life can suddenly take a turn for the worse when you think you have everything. Then i started noticing how so many celebrities were being submitted into rehab centres and how many of them tried to take their own lives and many succeeded in doing so.

I watched many interviews from celebrities who went downhill and telling their life story of how fame, success and money ruined them and never brought them the happiness they thought they would gain. That is when i realised that success in this world as well as money and fame do NOT bring happiness or contentment. So i thought to myself what does? All of these experiences made me think a lot and that is when i started researching into religions.

I looked into all the major religions and by far one was the one that made complete sense to me. Islam! I watched in the media how the media had a hate campaign against Islam and thought why? Can any of this be true? When i looked into it properly for myself i realised that this Islamaphobia was anything but the truth and that the media were just making up lies to tarnish Islam and its image but it seems to be having the opposite effect because more people are turning towards Islam now especially in the UK and the US than ever before!

Islam just gave me a whole new perspective of life. Islam made me feel that it does not matter if i am a success in this life or not as long as i try my best to achieve what i can and as long as i be the best towards others and have a good anc clean heart. It made me feel that true success is ONLY in the next world and that this life is only temporary and we know how short it is as many of us die at such an early age.

Islam made me realise that we should not live in this world JUST for this world but that we should be living in this world for the next life and doing as much good as we can so that our life in the hereafter can be the best we can achieve. It made me realise that our purpose is not just to live this life, get married have a few kids and then get your pension and die. But that our purpose in this life is to please and worship our lord as much as we can and be the best towards othetrs doing good until we die so that we can achieve eternal success.

This is what finally brought contentment, peace and happiness into my heart that i was searching for, for so long. All i ask of you is for you to look into Islam for yourself so that you can realise what i am talking about. If we don't have a purpose in this life then we will feel that this life is pointless because in effect we are living to die but Islam gives us a reason to live in this world in order to achieve anafterlife of eternal bliss.

“And never give up hope of Allah's soothing Mercy: truly no one despairs of Allah's soothing Mercy, except those who have no faith.” (Quran, 12:87)

There is no place for despair because you have confidence in knowing that it’s God Himself who is in charge of everything, the All Seeing, All Knowing, and All Fair and Wise God:

“And for those who fear Allah, He always prepares a way out, and He provides for him from sources he never could imagine. And if anyone puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is Allah for him. For Allah will surely accomplish His purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion.” (Quran, 65: 2-3)

You’re certain there is no impossible situation which has no solution:

“So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief: Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.” (Quran, 94: 5-6)

Look into the Qur'an for yourself and you will realise that it is the only truth and once you have accepted and submitted your will to the will of God youe life will be worth living again and you will find a new found peace, tranquility, happiness and contentment that you NEVER thought possible!

http://www.islam101.com/quran/yusufAli/index.htm

I am here for you so if you have ANY questions at all then please do not hesitate to message me. Thank yuo for and i apologise for the long post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00