the end of the world

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by emily83, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

so, does anybody believe that in their lifetime, the world will actually end?. like.. we're hit by a planet, or something like that- you know like people keep saying the world will end in 2000, or 2012, or what ever.. anyone here actually believe that while they are around it will happen?. this is natural end of the world, i want to make it clear.. not killing yourself to see the end

if you believe, what do you think will happen?. what do you think the final moments would be like

i've always been a believer in it- ever since the first world will end theory came out

as for the last moments?. probably darkness will surround us all- can't think of anything else
  2. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

I do believe the world could end for some reason or another, but I don't think it will happen in our lifetime.
  3. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

-_- I wish it would end right now.
  4. mbczion

mbczion Well-Known Member

I think it's possible it could end in our lifetime, but I don't believe any of these people who claim to know WHEN and give dates.
  5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I don't know what's so dramatic about it. The world ends for thousands of people every day. All stars and planets die eventually, so it will happen and that is a certainty.

What it would be like? That depends on how it dies. If it's an otherwise preventable catastrophe such as, say, an impact from another planetary object, it would be instantaneous for most of the world, but the panic leading up to it would be frantic since we would be able to see the planet getting nearer and nearer, with no way of stopping it. At least people would have time to make amends. If it were a non-preventable one such as the Sun contracting outwards and every living thing slowly burns to death, there would be great suffering for lifeforms that are unable to evacuate the planet. If it is a nuclear bomb, then there would be great suffering for lifeforms that are unable to evacuate the planet. If it is a biological pandemic, then the world is spared while only certain species will be killed, and there would be great suffering. If it is a great flood, since drowning is probably among the worst and slowest ways to die, there will be great suffering.

Either way, there would be great suffering, and if there is any semblance of poetic justice in the universe, every human being will perish. It doesn't matter how.

But, for the curiosity of it, here's one of my favorite episodes of The Universe, called "Ten Ways To Destroy The Earth":

"instant vaporization"
    "extreme spaghettification"
    "matter will turn into glue"
    and so it goes.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
  6. emily83

that might make for an interesting watch

will check it out later
  7. emily83

so do i

but i guess we can't have everything we want
  8. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

With nukes still around, yes very much so. Not so much the end of the world itself or the end of humanity as a whole but when the next one goes of, it will certainly be the end of life as we know it for the unfortunate survivors.
  9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I think it's possible that Earth could be devastated by some catastrophe - natural or human-made. Would it end the world? As lost81 said, it might do a lot of damage and leave a real mess for "survivors." There are so many factors are involved, though, that it's hard to predict what, when, where, and how much destruction could occur - but yes, I'd say it's as "possible" as anything else.

Factors could include some or all and even more than economics; international politics and religion-based conflicts; distribution of wealth, power, resources, health care, populations, food; climate change; development/use of weapons of mass destruction; epidemics natural or human-made (remembering of course that the spread of disease goes right back to economics, resources, food, populations, etc). Attack by alien forces? If they can get here, they can probably destroy us if they want. Maybe they'd want the planet - Would it be in good enough shape still? Asteroid hitting Earth? Not much we can do about it atm...maybe develop ways to set it off course of a direct impact with Earth?

I think that humans have a responsibility to themselves/each other and to the planet (animals, plants and minerals) for which humans are stewards...I hope we protect life and promote healthy and sustainable use of Earth's resources to keep it going for future generation(s).

I don't wish for the end of the world because that would mean the deaths of innocent animals and people who don't want to die.
  10. Edgar Roni Figaro

Edgar Roni Figaro Well-Known Member

11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I was hoping it would be 2012. I would love to see the end of the world.
  12. emily83

i got extremely depressed after finding out that it wasn't going to happen
    i remember like 10 minits before turning all my stuff off and just getting really excited

then just dropped when the time past
  13. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Thanks for writing that. I SO agree.

I think there is a possibility that sooner rather than later earth might become uninhabitable. It is up to us. I believe that humankind will change in time. I think we are in a major and massive ending/ shift to a new way, right now. And I think the disruption it is causing is very apparant in people's feelings of everything being so out of control. I think that many people are waking up to see what we have been doing to earth, and the beings who inhabit earth. I think its the end of that collective unconsciousness.

I believed that 2012 was a sort of portal into the new. An end of the old and beginning of the new. But I never expected it to manifest in a physical way. So while I celebrated the beginning of the new, I did not expect to see anything change. First things change on an energetic level. And eventually, the physical follows. I believe I am witnessing a huge end. But I do not believe that I will live to see the new beginning in its fruition. I think thats going to take many more decades.

So I do not think that there will be an end to the planet earth in the near future. But I do think that we are in a major ending and then beginning of what will be better than ever. The dying away and the rebirth. not easy.
  14. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

No matter what may ever befall us and our world on the physical plane of life, I do believe that both will go on forever and that miracles are happening at all times. It’s just that mostly we fail to perceive the miraculous ways of the Universe for what they truly are, namely the handiwork of God and the Angels. Ceaselessly, they are working behind the scenes of life to put things right again and heal people and situations when something has gone awry. The more we endeavour to be true to our real self and express the essence of our being, love, in every one of our thoughts, words and actions, the more miracles manifest themselves in our lives, because our human heart has then reunited itself with the great love of the Divine.

The legend of the Master Jesus demonstrates how, when the energies of Heaven and Earth merge into each other, a force of such magnitude is created that it is capable of healing all conditions of mind, body, spirit and soul. This is the power that can quite literally move mountains of faith, remove blockages of trust and make all crooked corners straight. It brings comfort and healing to everything that is in our world to wherever there is pain and suffering. Miracles are the Universe’s way of demonstrating to humankind the unlimited power of Its love. This is the healing balm and the panacea that needs to be applied by us earthlings to all situations in our everyday lives, all our relationships as well as to all national and international issues.

Let us stop and reflect for a moment on the wisdom of the Great Architect of life. The Universe is infinitely wise in its giving. Yet, it is even wiser in its taking. If we had never encountered the warped side of our lives and our world, we would not have been able to differentiate between good and bad, and that which desirable and undesirable. If we had never been wounded, we would appreciate what healing is like. We cannot know light, unless we have first experienced darkness. Only through the lack or loss of something or someone can we truly learn how to value what we had and also that which we are going to have, when periods of suffering finally lie behind us, as they invariable do in the end.

Such is life on the Earth plane! It has to be this way because that is how it was designed for us by our Father/Mother Creator. Who would we be to argue with Its wisdom? Take heart though – growing in understanding through difficult and traumatic experiences, the way it is required from us on the present level of our existence, is not going to continue indefinitely. All life is constantly evolving and moving forwards and upwards on a never ending spiral. When we, individually and as a race, have become sufficiently evolved, so that Earth life has nothing left to teach us, we shall be ready to move on to more advanced schooling on the higher and ultimately highest levels of life.

From Miracles Do Happen!

With love and light,
  15. Raven

Raven Guest

16. flowers

flowers Senior Member

17. please forgive me

please forgive me Account Closed

18. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

By that time humankind will have moved on and the Earth will long have been a planet of light, as she is in the process of becoming now. I believe, more than that, I am sure we and our world will always go on - in some form or another.

See you all around! With love - Aquarius :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.