The End

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Peppermint, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peppermint

Peppermint Member

They say depression is easily treated but... yeah well, they can chase away the symptoms, but I've never been the same since I first had it. I've lost all contact with the outside world, I don't have a single friend left and my family is nothing more to me than some people with a similar genetic makeup.

There's no reason to keep going, no hope, no desire... nothing. I've thought about it for a long time, looked at the issue from every angle there is. There's no point in telling me to hang in there cause I've been doing that for too long, there's no point in telling to reach out for help cause there's no one I'd go to. I don't want to talk about how I feel and I don't like psychologists. One thing this disease has done to me, among many others, is that I won't open up to anyone, no matter what they do, and I don't even want to.

So in conclusion, there's no point in prolonging this pain. I also have no idea why I decided to write this in the first place. Sorry for being yet another whiner.

2. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

i dont think you are whining i think you are hurting though, i like you have depression and was unable to talk to a therapist, didnt want to, had no desire to share these thoughts and feelings the words just wouldnt come out, this went on for several years and then she asked me to draw how i was feeling, to be honest i thought she was nuts to begin with if i cant talk how can i draw, but i did much to my surprise this led to me writing and reading things to her but it has taken a long time hun and i had to stick with it, i wont say all the things you dont want me to say like hang in there even though id like to but will say try writing here as a first step, who knows where it could lead, what do you have to loose right now?? give it a shot and allow us to listen please take care

3. brokensoul98

brokensoul98 Well-Known Member

same as patience said about writing , i got to where i just didn't want to talk or even listen anymore. i felt i could better express myself by putting everything down on paper. it was a start. when i went to counselling, she would ask how i was,, i'd just say i have no words to say, but i have words to tell and hand her my words. she'd take it from there..yeah, she'd talk. i chose to listen or not. eventually, her words got through.. we have to start somewhere..i felt that was my beginning..it did help..hope you continue to write your words..maybe share with your therapist??? good luck..we are here for you..

4. lostboy

lostboy Well-Known Member

Huh that sucks :sad: I was like you, I didnt open up to anyone until I finally reached breaking point. I sumonned the courage to tell my doctor how shit I was feeling. I thought it would be much harder but after the words left my mouth he was realy understanding... And he gave me all these cool PILLS!!!

No but seriously If i didnt go see him and get medication to help me through... I'de probably be dead. I'm not saying you should do the same... its just what I did... if that helps at all.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hey hun, i know how you feel, i don't have one single friend left too, and have also lost all contact with the outside world, if you want to talk please send me a message :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.