The English Defence League

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Xaos, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

2. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

3. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

the shame of being english in 2010
    i dont want to live in this type of world
    whats wrong with humanity?
  4. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

I'd like to point out that I was in Nottingham when the protested in the UAF lines.
    It wasnt the EDL who were throwing bottles, it wasnt the EDL who were being dragged back by police from our lines after trying to start fights and it wasn't the EDL waving pakistani flags while the Mercian regiment soliers were doing their returning home march.

I'm afraid that having experienced that I have more in common with the EDL than I do with any part of the UAF and the bias in the papers was shameful to say the least.

Edit. I just watched the first video, which Is taken from a BBC documentary from about three months ago, you'll notice that they cut the video just before the EDL organisers told those boys they were no longer welcome at the march.
  5. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

I'm not particularly a fan of the UAF either, or that MDL group.

Obviously their are good guys who mean well on both sides, but these protests attract a noticable amount of scum.
  6. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Therein lies the problem Xaos. Sometimes, legitimate grievances bleed into other less admirable goals, and attract the kind of folks that corrupt the entire idea behind the movement. It's one thing to oppose radical Islamism - but it's another to take it to a bigoted level.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.