The Fight Club-A Good Idea?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Sep 17, 2009.

The Fight Club, Good Idea Or Not

1. Yes, we should have a Fight Club

22 vote(s)
  2. No, we should not have a Fight Club

14 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Well we are starting now to drop off like flies.

Something has to be done.

I still contend that for the majority of us, we don't want to die as mush as we just want the pain to end.

I have put up the good fight for almost a year now. And I have asked you to come along with me.

Now...when so many of us are in pain,

Now...when so many of us cry out,

Now... is the time to step it up a notch.

I want to create a group within the forum, called, The Fight Club.

This will be a group of people who will make an oath to each other and God that they will keep on fighting to live, and will help any others who cry out for help in anyway we can.

The goal of this group to have 100% participation by all SF members.

And when one of the Fight Club members is feeling suicidal, we will spend a little extra time on that person, as we really need our fighters out there, fighting back against the demon of death.

So what do you think?

If we decide to do this thing I would insist on a couple of things.

First this would NOT BE A CLIQUE
    Secondly, this would be run as a democracy in that everyone gets an equal vote in how this thing works.

We would have to decide on what the oath would be..and each person that decided to join, would have to take the oath.

So let me know.

Poll will stay open as long as needed.
  2. pisces

pisces New Member & Antiquities Friend

I think that sounds like a really good idea and anything that might help people not to take the other route cant be bad thing,sometimes that sense of belonging can make a difference for some.
  3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

LOL...I forgot to cast my own vote.

COME ON PEOPLE. Surely I can't be the only one here that wants to give death a Black Eye!!!!
  4. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

im up for it. as a duellist, i know you cant always give up just from a bad draw. the next card can change everything. also i cant make an oath to god, but i can swear down on myself. also i think that if a member of fight club gets ready to give up, we should be able to be harsh. maybe that, as well as sympathy, can help. we cant go on like this!
  5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

If we decide that we are going to do this, we will definately come up with some ground rules.
  6. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

There should have been an option the effect of:

"Set up a Fight Club if you think it will help, but I am personally not willing to participate."

As this sort of thing is not my cup of tea, but I'd never want to prevent anyone else from joining such a group.
  7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

We aren't setting it up just yet. But yeah people don't have to join it, if they dont want to.
  8. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I think this is a great idea in principle - particularly the bit about really concentrating more than usual on people on the verge.

I know I've 'met' a couple of new members joined about at the same time as me but they've dropped off the screen for days now and I'm always checking to see if they've come back and wondering if they're alright.

Ok risk is that people might then feel pressured and overwhelmed. I suppose you'd have to think very carefully about how something like this would operate in everyone's best interest.

But good idea and great intentions Forpetessake!
  9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

being very careful in this is at the very heart of my thoughts with this.

that is why i put the suggestion out there.

I think it is imperative that if we do this thing, it has to be done right.
  10. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Bumping this back up, cause its important.

Do we want to do this thing?

I am kinda thinking going the other way today. They say fake it till ya make it, and I aint making it, and am getting really tired of faking it.
  11. Littlewiji

Littlewiji Well-Known Member

I think to fight and fail is better than just failing.

So, even though it will not be 100% effective, I like the idea a lot. +1 vote.
  12. Littlewiji

I would be really interested to find out why those 7 people voted no...
  13. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I hope we do this. Cause I am ready to fight today. Wanna kick death in it's balls!
  14. Littlewiji

Well, it is your desicion. Do it :).
  15. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I would like to see a higher number than 62% but I guess that's not bad!
  16. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I voted yes Bill but I'm not sure how to make it work. You can pm me about it. I've been pretty down lately because of my friends death but I'm not suicidal. I don't know if I'd have the strenth to help out much right now.

If I were part of the club and couldn't help out I'd feel like I let everyone down.

I'd also like to know why people are voting no.
  17. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Make a group for it in "social groups" :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.