the final letter

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ejh, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejh

ejh Member

does writeing a final letter help the people you leave behind, or make things worse?
  2. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

I think it doesn't matter - they are going to be irrepairably damaged. Birthdays, holidays, the anniversary date of your death, and it goes on. I know

Why not spend some time here, what has you considering someting as drastic as ending your life?

Post some, let us know. We're good listeners. As long as you mind the FAQ, you won't be condemned or critcized.

We're a caring, compassionate forum, we try to help each other.

Besides, you're important to us.
  3. vixter101

vixter101 Chat Buddy

I agree with some more here about what you are feeling and going through. We are all a very friendly bunch - I describe the forum to people as a big family community - the support I have received from others here has been immense.

I can't answer your question because I'm not sure. My family has been bereaved by suicide before (my cousin) which is a method to stop me from taking the action but I know how hard it can be when you feel you have no other place to turn.

Please keep posting, we love and care about you. If you need to talk to someone out of the forum boards, please feel free to pm me and I will reply.

Vix x
  4. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

I think if you say comforting things that will help to relieve them of guilt it could help. I would also suggest that even though they will miss me, please remember that I didn't do it because I wanted to leave them or hurt them in any way but rather because I needed to relieve my own suffering and it was what I truly wanted. I would ask them to try to be happy for me, that I am no longer in pain andto be proud that I tried so hard, for so long to hang on and get help in every conceivvable way possible including numerous experimental treatments so that nobody would have to hurt, but in the end, nothing could help me and the pain was just too much for me to bear any longer. I would write something like that.
  5. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering to if it's best to leave a note or not leave a note.
    I'm so tired.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't know if it helps or not. It doesn't really ease the pain. If I do end up killing myself, I wouldn't leave a note because I don't really have anything to say to anyone.
  7. Jupitermoon

Jupitermoon New Member

Hi, i am new here too and am also contemplating what to write in my letters goodbye. I think mostly I want to apologize for the pain I will be causing and acknowledge that I am being selfish. I also want to let people know that they did all that they could, because I don't want them to feel they could have done more. Also, my therapist is very concerned about being sued when I kill myself and I want to write a letter to my mom asking her to please not pursue any legal action against my therapist. She has broken the law in treating me (long story) and could possibly lose her license if any sort of complaint is filed against her. I would never want that to happen. So I feel like I need to defend her in writing to leave behind after my death.

I don't feel like I need to explain why I did it. My friends and family know my story already and I think they are surprised I didn't already do it. They think I'm much stronger than I really am.

More than anything, I just don't want anyone to feel guilty and that is what I would want to address in the letters I write.
  8. Degenerate Escapist

Degenerate Escapist Well-Known Member

I don't have anything I'd like to say to anyone. Those that matter to me know how I feel. Besides, a letter is not something I want to ever see again if I survive, and especially if it gets in the wrong hands. If I kill myself it will be a shock to some people, but I'd like it that way. I don't want them to ever know what kind of fucked up thoughts I had and the way I felt. The less they know, the better.
  9. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

I don't think it's selfish. People who expect others to live in agonizing pain, just so they won't have to go through a loss are the selfish ones.
  10. bono

bono Well-Known Member

I would write a note about how much I was looking forward to an upcoming event. So that they would think my suicide was an accident. Oops he must have accidently shot himself in the face while cleaning his gun barrel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.