the first of many

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by poodleluvsbunnie, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my first attempt was when i was 14. my dad has borderline personality disorder and he can FLIP out over anything at any time (espically tone of voice).

basically, i couldnt handle it any more and took 35 asprin (only thing we had in the house). i was home alone until my uncle came in the kitchen and saw me crying and asked me what was wrong and i told him i felt bad that he was watching me die. my mom ran in the trauma room crying and stood by my side the whole time, i really felt loved at that point. 12hrs after being in the ER i was sent home.

i got some therapy but then i guess i recovered because i dont feel like killing myself any more.
  2. its good your family understood, at least more than mine, my parents just kept yelling at me and calling me a stupid fucking drug addict after i did something very similar. Its great that you dont feel it necessary to take your own life and at the very least it shows a big step in recovering

i hope your as well as you seem:biggrin:
  3. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

my family never knew i overdosed. they just thought i had a stomach bug when i was being sick.

and now my mom dismisses everything i say about my depression and my dad has no idea...

4. i just take things one day at a time. i also try to be goal orientated, accomplishing something simple like doing laundry makes me feel better and possibly accomplishing more goals...granted when i fail i get super depressed and then take it out through eating or exercising...sigh its a never ending battle
  5. Robin

Robin Guest

Exercise is great so I am told, it helps filter out all the stress hormones in your body that would otherwise just build uop and make you feel lethargic and apathetic. I'm glad you are still with us to tell us your story and am happier you feel stronger than you did before, if you ever need a friend pls do not hesitate to post or to pm me, just because your crisis has passed does not mean you are not entitled to support.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.