The first step is always the hardest...

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by deferred dream, Dec 18, 2009.

1. deferred dream

deferred dream Well-Known Member

...but I'm trying! I decided I want to get my depression under control for the sake of myself and my marriage - I really, truly love my husband. I cleaned up my apartment completely, changed my bedsheets from black and blue to white and pink, threw out my unhealthy foods, bought some healthier food, bought some supplements (flaxseed oil, omega-3 fatty acids, ginkgo, and ginseng. I might try SAMe if things don't improve), I called a therapist (left a message, she should get back to me in a day or two) and I'll be making a health plan for myself later. It's so hard to stick to new things - diets, health plans, study plans, anything - but I really want this to work out. Wish me luck, everyone! :bubble:
  2. so.overratedx

so.overratedx Active Member

I myself have started trying to control it, I won't do a therapist again though. [Personally, it didn't work for me; Hope it does for you. <3]
    I'm going to be starting kickboxing, a diet that involves eating healthier, getting out more, etcetc.
    Just doing things to make me feel better physically , emotionally, & mentally; seems your doing the same. :3

Good luck to you! :bunny:
  3. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

It's great that you're taking steps to improve yourself and control the depression. Try and keep it up and let us know how it goes. Life was never meant to be easy. :hug:
  4. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

thats great...good luck heart with you :hug:
  5. deferred dream

deferred dream Well-Known Member

I've had 2 good days after 17 days of straight, rock-bottom depression! I'm loving every second of not being sad.