the first

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thecleric, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecleric

thecleric Guest

I was just poking around Wikipedia, trying to trigger myself, when I came upon this:

It's a Washington Post story from 1974, about Christine Chubbuck, who was the very first person ever to commit suicide on live TV.

Damn. Now I've got to come up with something that hasn't been done before.

2. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Wow... depressing... a good job, no close friends or romantic attatchments... thats how i see my life, although i'm not sure i'll like the job.... :dry: ... we'll see, we'll see....
  3. thecleric

thecleric Guest

Yup, it was a pretty good trigger for me too. I suppose other people go looking for stuff like that when they need to feel sad?

4. Oh yes, I am familiar with the late Miss Chubbuck and her public suicide. As far as "triggers" go, there are much more disturbing examples of suicide on the 'net...very, very graphic examples. :puke:

Despite the frequent grotesque and repulsive images of death, people, even so-called "normal" people, have a morbid fascination with viewing it. IMHO humans have a natural curiosity about death and what it looks like. Why ?

To see death is to see one's future. :eek:
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.