The flame that is folded paper

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by PaperFlame, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaperFlame

PaperFlame Active Member

Hi!

Have been contemplating for some time whether I should join the community, but in the end decided it can't hurt so why not..

So here I am, 31 years of age and father of four. Well educated, have a good, respectable, job (so they say), wife(ish), pet dog and the lot. Money could be better but can't complain. Oh and then there's the depression...

If I were to tell anyone of my depression I imagine they would not understand. Why am I depressed? I have all the basics in life and a good career/future to look forward to? Sometimes I wonder myself... But, I keep it a secret from all but my wife, although I regret telling her.

Anyhow, I'll probably be making a thread at some point detailing my problems more thoroughly and hopefully get a good discussion going. Feel free to ask me anything, I love to discuss whatever it might be!

/K

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hello PaperFlame.. welcome.. have you tried therapy and some meds to help fight your depression??? sometimes depression can really be helped by both.. please do not hide your state of mind and worries here on SF.. think you will find many ppl here suffer from the same..

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi PaperFlame and welcome to SF. I was hesitant to join at first, but I'm really glad that I did. Most people don't understand depression unless they are going through it themselves. That's why I prefer to post here because people know where I'm coming from. Can't think of anything I want to ask at the moment. Glad to have you here and hope to hear more from you soon.

4. PaperFlame

PaperFlame Active Member

Thanks for the greet! Has been a while since I logged in, cannot seem to get the computer for long enough time to log on without anyone suspecting.

As for meds/therapy: Yeah tried them both. I went to a therapist for a while and was referred to a psychiatrist for a while when I was not "well enough". I have been on SSRI and SNRI for almost two years. The SSRI I could do without tbh, don't feel that they do much. On the other hand if I miss a pill I tend to become manic... SNRI was the life saver. Wouldn't mind being on them for the rest of my life tbh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.