The Forgotten Ones

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by BumblesWorld, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblesWorld

BumblesWorld Member

I joined this forum yesterday and have been reading through the posts and it amazes me how many people are just so lost and hurting. I knew that i was not the only one who felt so destroyed and lost, but i guess you don't really think about other people so much when your going through hell yourself. Each of us are living our own personal hell and it just makes me sad to see all of these posts. Each one of us trying to reach out and get some kind of connection, some kind of comfort from others who are experiences similar things. We truely are the forgotten ones in society. For me i feel like i'm overlooked in society, people say they care and want to make you better but how much do they really want to help? When i leave my appointment with my doc or psychiatrist i know they will not be thinking about me, they move on to the next person. My family are not much better either, i know they hate my illness. They wish that i was "normal", they have very little time for my illness, they try and sweep it all under the carpet. It is rarely talked about these days and they prefer it that way. So when i read these posts in this forum it just makes me feel so sad, because i wish i could reach out to every single one of you and give you all a hug and tell you it will be ok, but i don't know that it will be for you or for me.

Sam x

2. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

BumblesWorld, welcome to SF. We are glad to have you on here. I think what is nice about this forum is that we deal with realities that few talk about openly. Here the mask can come off. People can be themselves, and express what is going on inside of them without fear of judgment. You see people that are worse off than you, and people who are struggling with all variety of spiritual, physical, emotional, mental or secret pains. You see people who have been in pain since they were infants. You see people staring death in the face and looking for something to live for.

But, best of all, you see people triumph over their struggles.
    You see people get back up after falling for the umpteenth time.
    You see people nudged back into living by friendly supportive members here.
    No sin, no problem or struggle is too dark it can't be mentioned here and there are no judgments by friends on here.
    I hope that we can give you what you are looking for in your stay here.

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Bumbles. People in general don't like to talk about depression and mental illness. They would rather sit around and talk about light hearted things. I think people might be afraid of talking about depression, because it might make them feel depressed too? I like coming here to help out those who are suffering and in need of a friend. Hope we can be friends. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.