The Hedgehog's Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
Basically the closer we get to each other the more we hurt each other.

There seems to be two very common threads on this forum:
1) The person who feels unloved, alone and wants to be closer to people
2) People who have been hurt and let down by other people

God I've now spent over half an hour writing this, (and have been back in and edited it 5 times...) I keep writing loads and then deleting it. I guess I want to be understood, but don't want to be someone who wants to be understood. Anyway...

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"... what's the solution to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
The obvious one would be, not to love people.

However, I don't agree with '' Basically the closer we get to each other the more we hurt each other''

what you say has some truth, though your missing a line...

The closer you get to someone, the more potential you have to hurt someone. I've thought about this long and hard.
If anything were to happen to my girlfriend, or our relationship, I'm not sure I'd be able to go on, and I'm not sure she could if things were reversed. This isn't healthy, I know it isn't, but it's how I feel....

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
Erm... right. I guess what I've learnt from this so far is:

1) If you're going to work through arguments in your head then try not to distort them by being overly pessimistic (or at least be aware if you are)

2) I probably think too much and should loosen up a little. one day I may even use a smiley, but for now this'll have to do... 8^), it's kind of fun but not too much.

Anyway there is much wisdom and humour in your replies, that's what makes this site so cool I guess. Thank you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Raven

Getting close to people does indeed allow us open to hurt the other person, their is no doubt about that, I do not feel that the statment is 100%. I also know that with the people in my life freinds, etc no matter how bad they could hurt me it would not be what I remmber them for if they did so. Hmmm I think that makes sense (work has melted my brain this week)

And bunney :hysterica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00