The hell with life

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by darkmood, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkmood

darkmood Member

Iam tired of my life I will never amount to anything Iam just taking up space on this planet I just need to end it all because Iam such a failure have done nothing with my life and iam 39 it is too late to make something of myself so I will say good bye world and be at peace

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hi darkmood, whats going on in your life?

3. georgebc

georgebc New Member

I take note of the fact that you said you are 39 years old. I'm 57 now and back in my 30's I had a quite different view of what path my life would take compared to the path it has actually taken.

I'm at a critical point in my life now and that is why I came to this site - to try to help myself and not to make any life ending decisions.

But when I look back to when I was in my 30's I now see things I could of done then to circumvent the state I am in now. I say this to you as a point of encouragement and perhaps as a goal you can set for yourself.

Lacking reasonable goals can make life seem pointless. So I would suggest that you continue to communicate with us and put some thought into what life can offer you rather then dwelling on what is all wrong now.

I'd tell you my own story, but right now it is all about you.

4. darkmood

darkmood Member

Ive been recovering from being hit by a car since aug sick of it all

5. darkmood

darkmood Member

Thank you very much

6. georgebc

georgebc New Member

I've been through that.

I was crossing a street (I had the WALK sign!!) and a car whipped around the corner and nailed me. So many thoughts went through my head at that moment. First testing my legs to see if I could move them. I could. Then wondering what other damage there may have been.

I had horrible pain to my sciatic nerve that lasted a year but it slowly diminished. I sort of turned the whole event into something positive. I received a small settlement from the drivers insurance company for my injuries ($7500). I used that money to buy a 1963 Jaguar at an auction which gave me many many years of enjoyment before I sold it. Life gives you lemons - make some lemonade.

I hope your recovery is progressing. I found it hard to stay positive. My brain continuously dwelled on whether I would get better. I seemed to relive that moment in a continuous and endless loop. It was mentally draining.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that. But keep going..you will eventually recover and life might be good again :)

8. ace

ace Well-Known Member

You aren't a failure I know how you can feel like this,I'm 36 and have become nothing and constantly get down because I see people succeeding always and I'm a nobody.But think you have most likely been through so much and far more than the average person.Imagine if others had to go through with what you or I or others on here had they would crumble right away.I understand the frustration you must be feeling,I've been feeling the same with the constant pain years on end and you wonder when it's all going to end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.