The heroes who would not be silenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackPegasus

I wanted to start this thread. I've been thinking about this a lot over the past year.

You know taking the responsibility of making the world a better place is a big challenge. Part of that is speaking up for what is right.

I hear so much about the silent being better people but I beg to differ. The silent are just as great, not better than the vocal. they support from behind the scenes and are invaluable. So first lets take a moment of silence to remember those who lick the envelopes, who make the phone calls..........

Now lets thinks about those who carry the signs and add to the voice. Lets take a moment to honor them.........

Now lets think of the brave leaders who were often attacked and sometimes killed for speaking out. For daring to challenge the wrongs of the world.........

Our world are full of lots of people who suffered greatly for speaking out. I admire such people. I also admire those who add to the voice, who support silently.

Now lets recognize some of these people.

Vine Deloria, Jr. - Your voice was heard and you taught me about true respect. I miss your words.

Martin Luther King, Jr - You made a sacrifice because you would not be silenced. May I have even half the strength you had in life.

Anyone have others you'd like to add?

Mia

Last edited by a moderator:

poison

Pat Tillman. A football player, who after the 9/11 attacks, gave up a million dollar contract to fight and die in the (Iraq) war. He didn't speak out, but he did act out and left with a great quote:

"Don't do the easy thing... do the right thing."

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Mahatma Gandhi: He was willing to die for his beliefs but not to kill for them. How many of us can say that and mean it?

Mother Teresa: She put her hands and feet where her mouth (and her heart) was.

Last but not least: Keith Olberman, who dares to speak out loudly against the bush war-and-lies machine. Keep 'em comin', Keith!!

least

Xian

My icon, my inspiration, my friend, Tupac Shakur, who knew that the most important thing in art is the complete and unconditional surrender of your imperfect, angry, wretched, but always beautiful, heart and soul.

And to everyone else who stands up for what is right, including all those who fight and die for a belief, and everyone who works for peace and love and equality and tolerance and understanding in this turbulant world.

W

wienerman

Xian said:
My icon, my inspiration, my friend, Tupac Shakur, who knew that the most important thing in art is the complete and unconditional surrender of your imperfect, angry, wretched, but always beautiful, heart and soul.

And to everyone else who stands up for what is right, including all those who fight and die for a belief, and everyone who works for peace and love and equality and tolerance and understanding in this turbulant world.
he was a legend, and still is. someone who can range from rapping about his mother to jail and life on the streets to just stupid beef. he was a man of many tallents.

to be honest i dont look up to people, and i havent exactly been influenced by a celebrity at all. i guess i would prefer to make my own path in life and just do as much good as i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00