the hole paradox

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by felodese, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felodese

felodese Member

Ever have the feeling like you have dug your self in a hole? Well i feel like i have been digging a whole for a long time now(years), and now everything seems to be collapsing. It feels like i have gotten to such a point where there is only one escape. I have have plenty of wonderful and sad moments in the past, and there is almost a certain point of completion to this thought. I started to think about this for the past year or two, and it has been continuously in my head for the past few months. I was thinking i will decide sometimes around my birthday and the new year see how i still feel about it and nothing has changed. And logically it makes sense in many ways in my head, but also my biggest fear that i can not ignore is my fear of nothingness in death. Which was a common thought for me when my life was more content.

dig a whole to escape and find the only escape is this?

so any insight would be nice

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Am sitting in hole as we speak :sad:

I guess the only way out is to seize the initiative. Somehow one must regain control of life and find a way out. At the moment this hole is now seeming so deep that climbing out is impossible, but I've done it before and so can you.
    Have you seen your doc about treating the depression?
    First steps out will be getting that under control. :hug:

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I understand what you mean about finding yourself in a hole and it caving in. I think we all feel that way from time to time. Motivation brings activation, so you need to find something that can motivate you to climb up and out of the proverbial hole you find yourself in. Maybe try to change your mindset a little bit. Make a list of things you are thankful for, or things you can be happy about in your life. It can be things such as shampoo or a toothbrush. Try to add to the list everyday. Maybe it will lead you to the conclusion you are not helpless or hopeless. You can get out of the hole. :hug:

4. felodese

felodese Member

I don't think depression is the a root cause to this, II feel its normal for people to feel depressed about "bad" things. Now if I were feeling depressed with out a cause then there might be a problem with depression. Although I do agree with motivation being a problem, if I had strong motivation I doubt I would be in this situation in the first place. And if I can somehow obtain motivation now I am sure I will find a way out of the whole. I do have the ability to be motivated for most things less than massive things like this hole.

About feeling thankful for things, I do feel very thank full lots of things in my life. Which is a problem in it self, I have no one else to blame but my self for what I have done with me life. I have disappointed everyone or will which make it even hard to think of.

5. Madeleine

Madeleine Member

You are lucky if you feel in a hole, pal. What I feel about me now is that I'm living in an abyss of despair.

This is a reason for optimism: now matter how awful we feel, there is always somebody in a more miserable state of mind than us. :biggrin: It can always be worse. (There is no other God but God and Murphy is his prophet.)

6. felodese

felodese Member

isn't it a common case where you think your problem is worst than others?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.