The holidays are not fun for a lonely person

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by lymeinside, Dec 17, 2006.

1. lymeinside

lymeinside Well-Known Member

Everywhere I turn there are people having fun together. Couples doing Christmas shopping. Friends doing things together. The holidays are a time for friends to have fun and spend time together.

I went out today, and that was all I saw. I can't handle it anymore. I came home and wanted to cry. Even if my family is with me I still feel so alone. So lonely... it hurts so bad. I don't think I can deal with this for much longer. I need to feel cared for.

I wouldn't wish this feeling on my worst enemy.

2. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

I feel exactly the same. It makes me feel miserable when i see people my ages have a fun, go to parties etc. and i'm alone at home with my computer and family.

3. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

Well I'd like to say "At least you're safe at home on the computer. If you went to a party and got drunk, not only might it be awful but you might not know what you were doing and put yourself in a lot of danger!" But while that's true...it doesn't really help, does it? I never get invited to parties either. At this point I'm used to it :laugh:
    You're right though, Christmas is a time for people to come together. I don't know if it's better or worse that this year I do have someone I want to be with, but there's no chance of that for months yet. Stupid distance :(

4. dropmealine

dropmealine Well-Known Member

Going to be very lonely this holiday season. I'll be with family, but I have nothing in common with them. Also, since i'll be away I may not have access to the forum.
    If not I'll honestly miss it. I hope i get back.