the human race.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by stargazing, Oct 21, 2015.

1. stargazing

stargazing Member

To me the human race is a confused race. Stuck between animalistic needs and desires,and our logical reasoning. We also think we have a choice, while 90% of the choices we make, are with our emotions, are made with our monkey brain. We mate,we flirt, we build our nests, while at the same time we cut ourselves off from nature. We try to escape those primal basic needs. We need to be among trees,to be without money debt, just living to find food and care for our young. But they made us slaves of the system. Slave of money. Slave of few other greedy monkeys, who obviously don't have the capacity to think of others. Who don't have the capacity to deal with the emotions and responsibilty given to them. Taking the power like a little child would who want all the candy for themselves. Perhaps we have the capacity to
    fly to Mars but emotionally most of us, if not all of us, we are in our infancy . I find this a scary thought. And it makes me feel like i am slowly suffocating. Being part of a race who has no clue what they are doing. I want to go back to nature. Back to the trees. I want to be free.
  2. Syn

Syn Well-Known Member

I totally agree with what you've said, we are primitive and have no idea what we are doing so we enslaved ourselves to this construct we call society... But in order to evolve, we as a species need direction. It's people who realize the state of the world who will be the ones to pave a different path. After all, how can a blind man lead a horse to water he's never seen. It takes someone with open eyes to find the water in which to lead his horse.

Stay strong, and know that freedom is simply choosing your own path through this world. Society is but another habitat, how you survive in said habitat it entirely up to you. Remember that, and you will always be free.
  3. stargazing

stargazing Member

Thank you so much for your reply. I didnt think anybody would read this. What you said indeed is so true, its just another habitat. I feel some hope again. I have this vision of having a beautifil little house in the forest, and i will keep on fighting to achieve this. It will be a safe haven.
    Hugs to you !!
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you do find that safe haven stargazing within nature . Our paths can certainly change within the system as well many have woken up to realize the rat race i call it is just not worth it anymore and do return to farming raising food off their own ground to a simpler life with less stress.
    I use nature to calm me walks in woods in country it is certainly a healing place
  5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

While most people cannot get rid of the "real world" entirely it is possible to change the way we participate. We own a property a few miles out of town, with neighbors very very spread out (house every half mile or so on the road now). We are only 5 minutes from town but it is quiet here, have a small farm, fruit trees, have raised chickens, ducks, rabbits, milk goats and we foster animals and help rehabilitate them. I use carbon neutral wood pellets as our only heat source, and have written a lot of articles about environmental consciousness to maybe give some other people a few things to think about, though I do not really believe it is my place to make decisions for other people or judge them. I rely on the idea good ideas and better ways of doing things have a way of winning out over the long term (even if it takes potential disaster for people to pay attention) and that my sense of peace is more important than feeling stressed about the things I cannot change.

I spent many years very involved in the business world but I must say this is a much preferable life style for me. It is not easy sometimes, but we can control our environment in time and with planning to some extent and we can choose to make choices that support the things we believe in. Maybe it takes a certain amount of "playing the game" to get to a place we want to be at, but you can get to a nice small place that is quieter and espouses more of the values that are important to you. I hope you do get there too.
  6. stargazing

stargazing Member

Thank you, this is my dream, I hope one day I have the money to get a place like this. Its all I ever wanted.
  7. stargazing

stargazing Member

Yes, it is. Lately I really want to go and have a walk in a forest but I have been to tired, thanks to neighbors who kept me awake at night for a long time.
    I try to break out of this cycle. I hope I succeed before ite becomes the end of me.