the hurting never stops

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Fadingstar, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fadingstar

Fadingstar Guest

Just a thought.......... needed an outlet.........let me know your thoughts, if any at all, need to know im not the only one.

The hurting never stops, never weakens, just becoming a dull bearable ache, only becoming a predatory force when I allow it to do so.

My dreams are the only place I cannot control the hurting, like a wave of emotion it swamps me, taking my mind away on a current of feelings. No comforting surroundings, my dreams are a dark place, with only the shining light of waking up seeming hours away. A slither of light beyond the dark wall which I have built in my imagination.

The once safe haven of the mind blackened with the clouds of memory, unsure of when the lightning bolt of hurt will strike once again.

Memories are the starting mechanism of dreams, something that heightens the senses, triggering a reaction in the brain, unlocking memories which have been locked away for years.
    The smell of wet grass. The sound of footsteps on wet mud. A hand on the back of the neck. The voice.

A voice which no matter how hard I try to forget, will stay with me forever. A gruff voice, a dry throat needing to be moistened by a drink.

The scream that got stuck in the back of my throat, no matter how hard I tried my body frozen with fear , unable to make the sound in the darkness.

These are the things that haunt my dreams, unable to sleep in peace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.