The Ice Rink

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Dudly, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

Last night I dreamed that I had finally hung out with the girl I liked at the mall, (as friends), although it seemed to be my sister and also some other girl at different times.

We were gonna head separate ways. I was gonna grab some coffee and then head home. But she convinced me to cab home with her instead.

As we were driving home I noticed that the scenery was different. We ended up driving through a neighborhood I used to live in. Memories resurfaced. It was there that I had some of the best years of my life. It was there that I met a lot of the friends I have today. I felt that life was so much better then. I was happier, I had a purpose, I was more adventurous back then.

It seemed we passed, (or I remembered?) back when I worked with the girl I was with now. We used to work together till she changed the times she worked. I felt that this was on equal grounds with those other found memories.

I was no longer in the cab but at a skating rink. She was gone. The rink was odd because there was no Plexiglas, only large square steps made out of ice. I am watching little girls skating.

I at this point am over come with sadness. The memories of wasted youth. The thought that I am wasting time not hanging out with this girl more. That she may quit or slip away. I begin to cry. Tears fall on this ice step I'm standing on. I awkwardly step out of the way of a kid skating past me. She jumps over the steps in one leap.

I then wake up realizing I am crying. No sounds, only tears and snot. I kinda feel like a sissy for the waking crying >.<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.