the ideal anti suicide squad..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by warrabinda, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

So I don't know if this is the most ideal subforum but
    1) there are plenty of people in pain here therefore this could be appropriate
    2) i am assuming many of you are in the depths of it so you're in the best position to do this

i've used lifeline, psychologists and friends*. what i mean is when i'm genuinely feeling that this is the end but have still felt scared enough to reach out and ask (scream) for help. sometimes it's helped, sometimes its a hit and miss but i'm still here so it can't have all been that crap.

but what got me thinking, when i was on my bathroom floor about an hour ago writhing around and crying with every fibre of my body screaming for something to happen and make it all end is that so much of the time i don't want someone to speak clinical shit with me like the docs do, or try and reason with me, i want someone to fucking hug me/make me a cup of tea and let me talk. i get so tired of putting up the happy facade and it's too much to expect from my parents and friends, and embarassing.

granted this is not what everyone wants. as you probably are aware i've seen psych rooms, i've seen people in ER who are brought in due to suicidal ideation/attempts. they're sometimes put in a room with a guard watching and it's really clinical and weird.

i know where i live there are crisis intervention teams in the community who come out and do assessments. that's great. has anyone had any experience with anything similar? what do they do?

it just got me thinking creatively, if there were an anti suicide squad or depression squad who i could call who would stay with me and be soothing I guess until the intense feeling passed (it never goes away) so for a short time there'd be some relief. I don't want to have control taken away or fear any repurcussions like hospitalisation. i don't want to have to worry about being judged. probably selfish but whatever i can dream.

*i work in the major hospital where i live so ironically i've shot myself in the foot when and if the time comes. i'm terrified and ever so slightly paranoid. it was my dream to work in this particular hospital btw (life is fucking weird) up until whatever this is was triggered off

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

The idea of this squad sounds wonderful...why not try to make something good out of your horrific experiences and see if you could get this moving...I would gladly help...J

3. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

Hiya

So sorry you are in so much pain, sending loadsa hugs to you. Please stay safe.

Not sure if this is relevant if not please excuse me. I am also not sure where you are... But that sounds similar to the Crisis Team.../Home Treatment Team. If you google HTT or Crisis Team you'll see what they're about and how to get in touch with them.

I am under them at the moment and the other day when I had a particularly bad day I rang them and was honest... and they came straight over with a team of two to talk and assess me...
    I must admit I panicked and took it back and said I was fine due to terror of being admitted... but they then put me under even closer observation and rang me that evening and visited next day to check I was ok...

Great idea though...
    Take care of yourself

Hugs
    Ditsy x

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

in toronto we have the gerstein centre
    http://www.gersteincentre.org/

non medical intervention and support for mental health crises. they come to you, or you can go stay in their house for a few days if you are feeling rough. it's not affiliated with a hospital. i have friends who have used them and they say great things about the service.

5. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

I'm from australia and we have abhorrent mental health resources. we do have crisis teams but i think it's diagnostic assessment more than the 'let's sit down and have a chat'.
    I think if i live I'd try and get this together...

6. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

here are some hugs!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

7. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

You could phone a support line they will listen to you and talk to you. Members on here will also give you a suupprting hand were always heree if you need someone to talk to or someone to listen PM me anytime :hug: or if you have MSN you can add me fudge_farjana@hotmail.co.uk take care :hug: x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.