The illusion of a Life-and-Death situation.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Elly Toad, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elly Toad

Elly Toad Member

There's something wrong with school when it gives you that.
    The no-late-work policy, for example, will turn your hair white.
    Even now, as I prepare to leave for my classes, I feel curiously as though my very life is at stake.
    And I DON'T mean that in the "future career" sense.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Elly,

I can relate to how stressed you're feeling today and I hope you can "de-stress" soon. When I was at school and uni we lost marks for late work. It made it tough when two or more papers were due in the same week.

I'm sure you can meet the deadlines, though. :smile: Keep plugging away, hun. Good luck!

3. Elly Toad

Elly Toad Member

Thanks...
    I know, it's like there was one day when I knew I was going to come to class unprepared, and I was seriously considering not coming, because otherwise I'd have to face the teacher's disapproval.

SHE. IS. A. MASTER. at making me feel like an idiot. A freaking master, and she's become the reason why I now dread coming to school.

Shouldn't school be a place where you enjoy being there? I don't buy this crap about it toughening you up to prepare you for the real world. This is so counterproductive for me it isn't even funny.

I'm such a fool in that class... I'm one of her worst students, I just know it. I'm lucky if I don't fail. :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.