The Importance of Expression

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SomethingLast, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sorry if this seems disjointed or out of context, but i'm a bit drunk and i haven't slept in days

anyway......

My thoughts:

rage, angst, etc- these emotions yearn to be expressed

when they are not expressed, they become 'repressed'

this can lead to sadness, depression, and suicidal tendencies

so- EXPRESS THEM

create something. anything.

for me, said expression is music.

you don't need musical talent to express yourself (i know i sure don't)

looking at artists much as Jad Fair, Merzbow, etc...

The only 'music' they made was noise, yet these are widely acknowledged creative geniuses.

Why?

Primitivism.

they didn't care about the musical norms, learning chords, ripping awesome van halen solos, or writing hit songs

they expressed themselves by just randomly banging on instruments.

my adivce to anyone trying to cope with sadness or rage; make music

who cares about what sounds 'good' or 'cool' , just do it anyway

ever feel like you just want to scream? do it.

you could even go buy a cheap amplifier and a mic and just roll around on the floor making loud feedback.

trust me, it feels great. and its helped me tremendously in the long run.

it might have even saved my life

2. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Great post! I usually use my voice, body, movement a lot myself but I used to play around with sound a lot in the past..

3. Ire

Ire Guest

I like to shoot things.

Have not done that in a while, maybe this weekend... assuming the parents let me have my guns back :rolleyes:

4. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

rage, angst, etc- these emotions yearn to be expressed

when they are not expressed, they become 'repressed'

this can lead to sadness, depression, and suicidal tendencies

so
    - EXPRESS THEM

Brilliant ideas

In the Poll; What medications you are on ; i did post this too

noise is one of the strategies I found very helpful; & so as talking to myself.

Loud music & dance a little bits or more as you may wish.

5. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

and it's not only that.. i think some people use language in a way that is damaging or have allusions like "self pitying" or "childish" or "angsty". i think when people feel they have to censor themselves in that way you're asking for trouble again. if you feel shit, you feel shit, if you feel bad you feel bad. there's absolutely nothing wrong in feeling that way. i feel a lot more calmer and happier generally, now i just scream a lot ............or just that life is so beautiful when you do those things, when you see everything, when you hear everything outside of you rather than whirling around and around in your head endlessly....or when you try and frame something inside something like a picture and try and organise something in some kind of order. or sometimes it's just nice to rip that picture up and go crazy and see where it takes you...it's like riding on something you don't know where it'll go and it's exciting. there is some kind of order in disorder. i think mainly what i feel is just something that would like to smash things up -- -- -- way not in a woooowwaaaa too abstract ambient way (people used to say i have this thing with ambience) but in a -- -- --- --- -- way. yeah that makes a lot of sense. in a sharp cutting way.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  6. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Yes at one point creating something helped me..uggg only now nothing eases the rage. :( I think I am not finding the proper form of expression yet.

7. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

music is good. life is a test. I ask Yeshua to take the feelings of rage and cast my burden upon him. He gives me patience.

8. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I challenged the admin to put this discussion
    to rest by putting this on a positive debate,
    without harassing the members
    of retaliation.

This site,& members who chose not
    to speak their minds
    all hypocrites.
    Honestly when we cannot supprt others
    members
    to this freedom,please refrain
    from claiming we cared about us ,as we all know
    we don't mean this from our hearts.

I challenged the admin for a
    constructive debate . Convinced us that you mean
    what you claimed
    otherwise you are afraid
    of our free speech mind.

Let's go,show us your
    courage to ban us all,so we can all
    leave deeply that you are more
    afraid than us.

I challenged all of you.

9. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i'm not afraid of "free speech mind" but i am bored with drunk and abusive posts. why do you care so much that another member is under moderation. i'm sure if they stop with the abuse then they will be unmoderated again quite soon. no biggie.

10. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I have never had a problem suporting a member or expressing my deepest feelings on any subject. It is all in how you chose to post it. Yeah it is a great benefit to yourself to be able to express, but dont be so damn selfish and think of the other members here too. I for one couldnt feel "good" about myself if I knew HOW I said something I feel, hurt others here. This is a SUPPORT FORUM, not a oh poor pitiful me forum. Please people the site is what it is. You either like it and use it for those purposes or you find one that better suits your needs. Simple. As for members that have been banned, or under moderation, it's their fight. If they need or want anybody elses help to fight it, maybe they should ask for it before it is assumed they need it. I'm sorry Something Last for interupting your thread. Yeah music is a great outlet to get in touch with your inner self, no matter what form you use. It is one venue that every single person can use. Music is a part of all people and cultures. It is used to set mood and theme for so many things, so why not allow ourselves to do the same. It's agreat way to show our true feelings and emotions. Great suggestion!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.