The inevitability of fate

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by InnerStrength, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

The thing with fate is, you can't stop it. You can try to dodge it--and might be successful for awhile--but in the end fate will win. I believe in the fate that our genetic makeup creates for us (sometimes environmental factors, too).

Suicide...depression...these two things are in the cards for me. I wasn't meant to be anything....productive. These past few months, I've realized I shouldn't fear death. I should embrace it with open arms. I just wish I knew a surefire way of suicide.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I believe that fate is a factor in some things, but i also believe fate can be altered. It all depends on choices. Choices made not only by you, but others as well. The choice determines which path you will take. There are so many variations, twists and turns along the way. i don't think you are predetermined by fate to amount to nothing. Make some positive choices and follow that path instead of the one you are currently on. :hug:

3. InnerStrength

The choices of others can only affect me negatively at this point. Positive choices for myself? those are meaningless.

I've laid in bed, pretending to die. I've slowed my breath to a stop, and ignored any outside stimulation. I think I'm prepping myself for when the time actually comes, so I won't be afraid.

Still, I appreciate the advice. Nothing can help me now, though. I can't take this anxiety, this depression, especially this pathetic urge to die. I SHOULDN'T be alive! Oh well, I guess you can't expect nature to be rational.

4. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I'm a strong believer in fate but I don't beleive it's someones fate to comit suicide no that is you contoling fate. I also believe life is what you make of it. Bad things happen to everyone but then why can some people handle it and others feel like they can't? it's all on how you look at live.

5. InnerStrength

Some people merely have a better support network than others.

6. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

How could you improve yours, then? Have you sought help? Do you have friends, family you can talk to, who can support you? No substitute for face to face support but if you ever just need someone to listen, i'd be very willing.

i don't especially believe in fate, though. There are some things you can't stop, no. Genetics etc. but i believe there are always options, options, options, ways to get around things, to improve your life to one you feel you can live, there are always other ways out, sometimes it just takes more than one pair of eyes to see them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.