"The intangible"

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by suzy, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzy

suzy Well-Known Member

Things we can't afford to loose..What goes with you?

2. suzy

suzy Well-Known Member

Things we can't afford to loose..What goes with you?

Here is part of my "personal" answer-----

They played these are the memories lost:
    Roy Batty: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die

They played these are words of imagination:
    Roy Batty: Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shores... burning with the fires of Orc.

Above is the art of writing and acting:

But isn't life about memories.... not all memories are needed or wanted but some... well, my experiences are what make "me" and those memories which I can remember are "me"... I can't remember them all just some of the memories I have...

3. the_twisted

the_twisted Guest

i dont want to miss out on watching my 2 little sisters grow up,

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I can't afford to miss seeing his face in court when/if :dry: he is sentenced :cool: so yeah,I gotta stay alive for that:biggrin:

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

the weather. being outdoors and happy

6. tainted-angel

tainted-angel Well-Known Member

To See If It Ever Stops....

Or Who He Moves Onto Next....

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think my peace comes with knowing I have nothing to lose.

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." - Fight Club

8. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

what can't i afford to lose??

my precious children
    perfect love
    my SELF

9. suzy

suzy Well-Known Member

in theses last years with my boyfriend

just a couple of years ago

i would do all i could just to go out and watch the sunset (sometimes i would bring him along) but i kept saying i was hooked on sunsets and sunrises.... i have seen so many that were very hard to capture or discribe.....

to iloveyou:

you state in your world that you feel you have not anything here to "lose".... isn't that also something that makes you so unusual (not like anyone just very special) you also had the knowledge to add a quote (like i did) making you a good observer of art.... "we" in the end will lose you and your specialness meaning "my" world will lose you? that will be a loss as you are like one of those indiscrible sunsets/sunrises... i hope you see this somehow

10. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Thank you very much Suzy
    I never thought if it like that.
    You are very special too :hug:

11. suzy

suzy Well-Known Member

Beginning to think Christmas Eve is "Intangible"

guess I was just needing to say this

I have memories I cherish of past holidays

Those thougths I choose (but it is work for me)

12. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

My computer & internet. And food. And room.

13. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I like the cut of your jib. :yes:

14. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

My dear friends like you suzy, and all the others that are holding on tight to me and trying to keep me here.

Oh and great to see you out and about in the forums!!! Keep it up hun. Most of us dont bite (lol). Merry Christmas dear!

15. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

I've never wanted to die and am not suicidal, but my reasons for not being suicidal are:
    1) I want to see the future. So many awesome technologies waiting to be found, and I love every last one of them. I want to see how small computers will get, if we ever have nanomachines in our body doing parallel computing to heal us of disease and other ailments. I want to see how long we can live. I want to see whether global warming happens and what we'll do in response to what happens. I want to be here when they find an exo-planet like earth. They'll be able to see the signatures of life just by looking at these planets with their telescopes. By then we'll have thousands or hundreds of thousands of exo-planets stored in our databases (or more). I want to see us use nuclear propulsion in space (fission/fusion). Maybe someday we'll use anti-matter or helium-3. I want to see what they can accomplish with robots. AI will bloom and aide us just like machines have but on a mental scale. We will become partly synthetic to keep our species from being made obsolete by AI. There's just so much to see! It's exciting.
    2) It would disrespect all of the people that have had it worse but kept going anyway. I do not want to dishonor their memory, their triumph over pain. Pain is what makes everything so real. Triumphing means not giving up and having a reason to live.
    3) Family. Friends. All of the people that have helped me in life and invested in me. I do not want to waste that by prematurely dying. Maybe someday their hopes in me will amount to something. Each human being is special because we all represent unique experiences. The planet needs every single person and it needs them to make their opinion(s) known. We must communicate. Reaching our potential means finding out who we're and what we can do in life that both makes us happy and makes us independent.

I think the most important to me is #1. I'm a total geek or nerd or whatever. A sissy. I just see so much potential in humanity if it can just get along with itself and apply its database of knowledge in constructive ways. When I think about it, I'm humbled. We've done many wrongs, but we've reached for our dreams just as many times. We've already accomplished incredible things, but there're things we could accomplish that're orders of magnitude greater and they wouldn't require new technologies. They just require us all to be educated. As the wealth spreads around the planet more and more of us will be on equal footing. This is good, but it will present the challenge of war and strife and ecosystem loss at first as we all try to find out what the balance of power is. At some point mankind/humankind will go below earths surface, up into the stars and all around. The universe will open up to us in full 3 dimensions. We're becoming more 4 dimensional too. Everytime we record our history and analyze it, everytime we forecast our future, everytime we do these things we're tapping into our 4D potential. The universe is time & space. Technically, it's supposed to be expanding. However, we're not so linear and by advancing into the future we're essentially attempting to shrink it in four different dimensions. What's dark energy/matter? I have no idea. I have no idea how we'll overcome the interstellar distances, but I feel in my bones that we will.

The future is a never ending race to take the universe and make it into a single point. Some people accomplish that through faith or belief, and some people use science. Bottom line, the universe becomes more like a point each passing day. And then at some juncture in our history, we will wonder what lies beyond this universe. Hopefully that's a long ways off, so we can enjoy what's in this universe :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.