The irony of watching the self-appointed Guardians of Truth spread self-serving lies.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by ProzacDeathWish, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's Sunday morning in Texas and I was just channel surfing as I usually do....

I just saw yet again some deceptive Christian "patriot" :tantrum: try and tell the American public that there is no such thing as the separation of church and state. :doh:

Another outright lie being told to the gullible sheep :worthy::worthy::worthy: is that most, if not all of the founding fathers were Bible believing, evangelical Christians ( ..some were )

Another outright lie is that the Bible supports the concept of democracies. I was a Christian for more than half of my worthless life and I can assure you that I never found even a single example of any God-instituted democracies in either the Old or New Testament. God used authoritarian patriarchs, priests, judges, kings whose judgement could rarely, if ever, be questioned.

Thank the ancient Greeks ( who were polytheistic pagans ) for the concept of democratic government. :clap:

Btw, freedom of religion is not a God-ordained concept either. Go read the First Commandment if you want to see God's "official opinion" on religious freedom. Also, just ask all those pagan Amalakites, Midianites, Philistines, etc who were totally eliminated for engaging in "unsanctioned" religious practices ( down to the last man, woman and child ) if the the Hebrew God was tolerant of competing religions.

Clearly it is obvious even to to me that Christians themselves disagree about all of the above topics so I am not attempting to paint all worshippers of Christ as having the the same opinion here. Some Christians are quite tolerant while others are self-righteous, chest thumping idiots.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  2. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

Re: The irony of watching the self-appointed Guardians of Truth spread self-serving l

CHristianity shouldn't be taken seriously. Even the ku klux klan claim to be christian.

3. Re: The irony of watching the self-appointed Guardians of Truth spread self-serving l

Your words of advice are legitimate as far as my individual perspective is concerned ie, don't reject a person of faith based upon the bad behavior of others.

However this topic has a political dimension that boils down to legal issues and such...that was the thrust of my discourse. :smile:

4. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Re: The irony of watching the self-appointed Guardians of Truth spread self-serving l

I come to think that in another century Larry Byrd will be god too. Not surprise.

Guardians. Watchers. Spectators. What happen if there is nothing to watch? In the dark? Intersting to find out what the guadians are guarding. Is there a thing to stole?

I wonder if the fish believes the same way.

PDW let me guess. I think you are messed up too. Are you leftee?

5. Re: The irony of watching the self-appointed Guardians of Truth spread self-serving l

Me messed up ? Why yes...... thoroughly !!!.

Am I a "lefty" ?

If you mean "left-handed" the answer is no.

If you mean "left-brained" the answer is also no.

In college I was an art major. My talents are expressed through music and art; I am also very visually oriented. An amusing benefit of that ability is that I can recognize faces with extreme accuracy. My friends tell me that I should work for the FBI because disguises would rarely throw me off. I remember faces. That makes me a right-brained person.

Eventually I will be a no-brained person because i will commit suicide with a handgun.... ironically my last work of art will involve a splatter effect ala Jackson Pollock.

Hope that answers your question. :smile:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  6. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I sincerely hope you do not create any "Jackson Pollock" type gruesome works of "art". I agree with you completely about not rejecting all persons of faith due to the bad behavior of others who claim that God is on their side etc etc.

Please do not do your "handgun artwork".:sad: We need you here!

love,

least

7. ybt

ybt Guest

what we MUST realize is that christianity is not defined by some fundamentalist, or any given person spreading such things about any certain religion. i would just pass it off as a stupid nutter, if i were you.

8. Re: The irony of watching the self-appointed Guardians of Truth spread self-serving l

Yes, but this guy on tv wasn't representing some obscure Christian sect like the Branch Davidians, he was part of a group that represents millions of Christians here in the States. Our President :duh: is part of this crowd....now do you get where I'm coming from ?

The Spanish Inquisition :whip: may not have represented the opinions of all Catholics :pope: during that period either, but it was prevalent enough to allow the The Pope and his followers to send a few million people to hell. Ditto the Crusades, witch burnings, persecution of heretics, etc.

Mainstream or not, any movement can eventually find enough followers to become a threat. It wouldn't be fair to define modern day ethnic Germans by the actions of Adolf Hitler either but in the late 30's and early 40's he was able to stir up enough interest to start World War Two.

Judging by the responses so far I would assume that you and ybt are not Americans. Here in the US...referred to by some critics as JesusLand...there are many large well-funded groups ( Focus on the Family, Wall Builders, etc ) who constantly pollute the airwaves with messages of "taking back America" or who try to teach
    Creation "science" in public schools. These fundamentalist groups are appropriately referred to as the Christian Taliban. Like the real Taliban they have no intention of just leaving us alone with a live and let live attitude.

Many US laws already reflect their religious dogma and they are constantly pushing to increase their political influence...shall I continue ?

9. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

You have a brain I can see. Keep it for god's sake and don't paint the walls with it. The world needs people who think more than ever.

10. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Somewhere I saw an article that Christianity can spread easily becoz it is the most " understandable" translation ( true or false or trulse) most people can grasp.Probability that if it is in the language other the English ,maybe no one would even bothr to know what the word god means.

11. ybt

ybt Guest

I don't think Christianity is about the accessability, one reason being that if you're going into religion, even Christianity is not 'simple'. I think it's mainly because there are churches, established building, and the church had control of the state for a very long time, so that trend has continued. And even then, there are loads of other religions, there aren't as many Christians as you'd imagine.

12. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

I failed to see anything ironic in your post

13. Re: The irony of watching the self-appointed Guardians of Truth spread self-serving l

Uh...okaaaaay :blink:. The irony is based upon the fact that people who present themselves as truthful are in fact guilty of lying.

If "irony" throws you off and you are still unable to grasp the concept then try substituting the words "paradoxical", "dichotomy", enigmatic" , etc.

14. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

Oh, I understand the concept of what your trying to say. I also understand all of those words you used at the end of your reply. You know, those words that were invented by the liars that taught us everything we know.

15. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Christianity is about the accessability, one reason being that if you're going into religion, even Christianity is not 'simple'. I think it's mainly because there are churches, established building, and the church had control of the state for a very long time, so that trend has continued. And even then, there are loads of other religions, there aren't as many Christians as you'd imagine.

Accessibilty breeds anything that the mind can get into like the buildings,had its not the mind the physical world do not exist. If you read most of my posts , there is no distinct evidence that "state or school" is not one or unified. The commom denominator of any religion or institution is embedded in a belief system that can be seduced throuigh the medium of words. And also fear. When our existence is in jeopardy , best believed that we will cling to anything that will comfort us.And the religion plays that role.

Most division of religions is based on the method of teaching. You teach the children different alphabet ,would you be surprise if they will learn the Mayan language?

16. Re: The irony of watching the self-appointed Guardians of Truth spread self-serving l

Wow, my viewpoint has been challenged......how :yawn: exciting for me.

Well by all means....cut me down to size :victory: I'm eagerly awaiting your refutation of my observations concerning the rise of militant Christianity in the United States.

17. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

I merely questioned your first post as I didn't understand it. what am I exactly saying here that is challenging you? what have i said about your post? explain that to me please.....

I also look forward to 'your' observations concerning the rise of militant Christianity in the United States

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  18. Re: The irony of watching the self-appointed Guardians of Truth spread self-serving l

Actually, my observations were defined in my first post and were quite comprehensive; I don't see any benefit in repeating them yet again when all
    one needs to do is use their scroll button to re-read them.

If I mis-interpreted your meaning then I stand corrected. My aplogogies to you.

"Started off on wrong foot" syndrome. My bad.

19. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

DWP,Since I feel like you wanted us to ve reversed us back to the Greeks paganism, offer us a pathways to un knot on how to go back. I am dying to go back there,wherever ,however,whenever, whatever way.

You don't have to say a word to make me believe that there is no goddamn hell nor goddamn heaven. What I need to know is how to untangled myself from the goddamn religion. Say something that can make us go back . Keep ranting something that we already know.

Damn Greeks.:tongue:

20. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

thats ok, just don't do it again:biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.