the IRREVERSIBLE after effects after hanging attempt.

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by LILICHIPIE, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LILICHIPIE

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

I think it speaks for itself, if this can help preventing..

Found this link in a french newspaper ( but its in english).
    The girl, 14, attented to hang herself and is now paralyzed. Her pics before and after are heartbreaking.

I made sure to leave a message of support to her and to her parents.

http://www.mindfulcreations.com/randie/

im so confused because ive been considering hanging as a method.:blink:

2. ybt

ybt Guest

Hanging is very hard to get right. I hope it's not considered a method to say that. I wouldn't try that, and avoid further damage.

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Clearly, hanging is not a good method to go. Actually, living is also an option.

4. 2cents

2cents Well-Known Member

hello there Lili,
    her story will help peoples think twice before ending their life - what a sad outcome; she's beautiful yet ended up in what she is now..
    thanks for sharing :smile:

5. LILICHIPIE

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

thanks dave for your concern, but im determined and you know that.
    thats allright.

6. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Geez, this is heartbreaking to read, but I'm so glad you posted this thread because people need to know!

This is why the decision to take your own life should never be taken lightly and all avenues must be thought through. This is exactly why the only method I would personally consider is a positively lethal one that I know will work and in a place where no one will find me and try to help revive me.

I wish this girl well, my heart goes out to her and her entire family.

7. Blackness

Blackness Guest

It says "Randie in recovery. Miracles DO happen..."
    A miricle? more like a tragedy!
    I find it funny how all these people are around her in her hospital bed, where were they when she was alone at night crying? Where were they when she was buying the rope? where were they when she told them how bad her life was?
    So no they care? It takes sometimes as terrible as this to get people to listen? Fucking stupid.

8. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Really sad... BTW please don't hurt yourself Lilichipie, I really enjoyed talking with you the other day

9. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

Blackness, are u really surprised nobody paid attention to her depression till the tragic end? I still see plenty of people who make light of depression. Even my family doesn't even recognize depression as serious matter to the point I never talk about it in front of them.
    It's ironic, isn't it? So little attention and care for people with depression. An illness that is as devastating as taking lives of countless victims and cause numerous tragedies.

10. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

I always though it was the surest way to go. It's the only thing that I can try.

11. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Bleh, I agree.

12. A Self Made Loser

A Self Made Loser Active Member

After my failed overdose attempt and rapping a scarf round my neck so tight I went a shade of purple nearly passing out but unable to follow through fully because of some annoying rational chain of thought always nagging at me, I was considering to hang myself tonight or sunday. (Busy weekend)

But this confirms what I suspected if the hanging attempt fails. Really a gun would be the perfect option. Even then you hear of people still alive afterwards.

13. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

There's a risk of survival with EVERY method. A guy survived jumping from the golden gate bridge once. I've considered hanging and if i'm desperate enough to kill myself then i'm desperate enough to risk possible brain damage.

14. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

thats awful:sad:

15. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

wow, that happened so close to me...:unsure: I hope she gets better...

16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

omg..she has died since?:unsure:

17. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

that what i was thinking,, reading it.. sounds like she died! such a sad story....

P.S Is there another link it dont tell you much about her story... was she brain damaged at all ?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2008
  18. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

While Shubert survived her February 2007 attempt, she passed away two weeks ago in a long-term rehabilitation facility.

:unsure:

19. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

totally a late reply but.. I agree 100% with what ruby said.

Hanging is still my first choice, then again its how I SH so I guess thats expected.

20. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hanging is not an option: Your eyes bug out and your tounge swells up so you suffocate, You will eventually pass out from the loss of blood flow to the brain. It is not a pretty sight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.