The itching of kidney and liver failure

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by anarulesmenow, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Hey I have had kidney and liver problems before (due to drinking and suicide attempts). I have heard that itching is a sign of liver and kidney problems and was wondering exactly what it was like. I have had some itchy symptoms in the last few months and was just wondering if it could all be related.

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

First things first, winter can have a drying effect on the skin. Try lotion first, internal organ diagnoses second.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

When your kidney isnot filtering properly you can get itchy You need to tell your doctor okay so can get some blood test done. You can also get medication to decrease the itch feeling It could be also winter causes dry skin and itching too so best not to worry about it until you talk to doctor okay but do tell him

4. anarulesmenow

Ive had it for months, in summer too. I have other symptoms too

5. anarulesmenow

But what is the actual itching like? How does it feel, what happens to the skin?

6. total eclipse

Your skin becomes very dry leather like sometimes Doctor can prescribe meds to help you so please get checked out okay

7. anarulesmenow

I have that im going to get checked out

8. total eclipse

Good i am glad because you can heal the kidney if you get it early enough take care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.