1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Job

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shock, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

hi all

Im in shit. Deep shit.

Its weird. about a month ago i applied for a few jobs online. Iv'e been trained as a web and graphic designer and had been doing a few freelance jobs over the uni holidays - nothing more then small business websites and the like. I actually got an interview for a proper job with a firm and was really excited about it. I got the job and have been there two weeks. I know I am very lucky and should be so thankful for it but geez this is the most stressful job in the world and i am having a hard time managing - very very very stressed, very very very depressed.

Basically like I said i had experience building websites for small business but now in week two they want me to build a MASSIVE online program. The main rival to this program? Microsoft.

Honestly I dont know what they were thinking...I'm not even an IT student - web design is a creative industries subject. So its me and some 2 other guys (who are outsourced from India) working on a humongous project. Why would they want me to do that?? Surely they saw my porfolio and new what type of work I had been doing.

I think Im in deep shit.

2. Robert in Goleta

Robert in Goleta New Member

It seems your employer has different ideas than you do. Perhaps, a brief reminder of your qualifications is in order. It sounds too demanding to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.