The Job

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shock, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

hi all

Im in shit. Deep shit.

Its weird. about a month ago i applied for a few jobs online. Iv'e been trained as a web and graphic designer and had been doing a few freelance jobs over the uni holidays - nothing more then small business websites and the like. I actually got an interview for a proper job with a firm and was really excited about it. I got the job and have been there two weeks. I know I am very lucky and should be so thankful for it but geez this is the most stressful job in the world and i am having a hard time managing - very very very stressed, very very very depressed.

Basically like I said i had experience building websites for small business but now in week two they want me to build a MASSIVE online program. The main rival to this program? Microsoft.

Honestly I dont know what they were thinking...I'm not even an IT student - web design is a creative industries subject. So its me and some 2 other guys (who are outsourced from India) working on a humongous project. Why would they want me to do that?? Surely they saw my porfolio and new what type of work I had been doing.

I think Im in deep shit.
  2. Robert in Goleta

Robert in Goleta New Member

It seems your employer has different ideas than you do. Perhaps, a brief reminder of your qualifications is in order. It sounds too demanding to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.