The last cigarette

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hurted, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I'm going to smoke the last Marlboro now. I'm quite nervous and excited.
    I'm only 18 and i've smoking since the early 2006.
    I hope that i'm going to make it... :)
  2. Toki Wartooth Lover

Toki Wartooth Lover Well-Known Member

You can do it!!

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

just go for it, you have only been smoking for 3 years, do it now and stay strong. dont let it go any furhter
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Good for you for doing this now while your young Are you going on the patch it really helps 3 step program I know you will have lots more energy and food witll taste better and as i tell my daughter you won't stick anymore. Get more acquaintences. Keep us posted okay let us know how you are doing with this.
  5. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Good going! It's not easy so make sure you get as much help as possible!
    If you are in the UK join the NHS stop smoking service, it's all free and they help you a hell of a lot. :) You're gonna need the support.
    Good luck
  6. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

man i wish i had your determination to quit. good luck
  7. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I waked up 5 hours and a half ago and i didn't smoke until now. Ussually i would smoke at least 7 cigarettes in 5 hours. I didn't have the urge at all.
    But the problem is that i feel sick. I feel like i'm going to faint and my hearth hurts me. I can barely walk. After i smoked cigarette few minutes ago i feel even worse...

Is this normal?

I was thinking that i would delay first cigarette for 5 hours each day, since i have no urge for smoking, but if i feel like this everyday, i won't be able to do it... I bought the pack cause i was bored and because i had severe urge...
  8. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

dude, i am almost where you are.

but newports for me and i'm 17.

wish i had one now... :(
  9. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

you may have anxiety about quitting and there are withdrawal symptoms as well that can scare you.You are only 18 and have not smoked for long..if you quit now and get it over with you will probaby be smoke free for the rest of your life..healthier,more attractive,in beter shape,and more energetic .Not to mention richer.If you wait till you are older to is next to impossible and the damage has already been done.At 18..cold turkey is the best way.Be active and go to Quitnet too.great place to celebrate a quit.
  10. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

That's excatly what I was thinking about! Thanks.

I realise that since i've been only 18 years old and since i've been smoking for "only" 3 years and a half it shouldn't be that hard. When i will quit, i will keep in my mind that with everyday it will get harder to stop...

Anyway, at least i realised that i can spent 6 hours without smoking (I would not believe that 3 days ago. :)).
  11. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Congratulations sir! :) Keep it up man, you did a good thing starting this early. My dad went through a lot quitting around 60, so you're saving yourself a lot of suffering. If anything, maybe weaning off it as opposed to quitting it cold turkey may work for you after all.

Have you considred any assistance from a patch or gum?
  12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well done hurted :) Keep it up.

I've been trying for about a year to quit..with no luck :(
  13. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Congratulations! A very good choice! :hug:
  14. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Ok, my second attempt will be in Monday. I think that it will be "for real" this time.

I realised so many thinks in past few days that it's unbelievable.
    A week ago i would say that i smoke 30 plus cigarettes daily because i enjoy and because it relaxes me. But now I found out that mostly I smoke because i need "some time off". What's better than getting out of the hause and light one up?
    Well instead of lighting one up i will buy some menthol candys. Very strong lol.

I've been exposed to asbestos (roof) for 2 decades, so with every cigarette i am making even more damage.

Thanks for your support.

Ps: I really have to preper myself for this winter. It's when depression ussally hits me and i will need to motivate myself a lot...

But smoking, alcohol, binge eating and not sleeping enough makes everything even worse... I mean it can help in the moment when i do it, but in makes things worse in general...
  15. Nicole_O91

Nicole_O91 Active Member

Good for you! I'm 18 also, and I started smoking when I was 12. Last August I quit. It's definitely the first few weeks that are the hardest. Good luck and please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any help :)
  16. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I don't understand, why do you start if you're just going to quit?
  17. Nicole_O91

Nicole_O91 Active Member

You could say that about anything though.
    Why start a job if you're just going to retired? (Eventually)
    Why clean your car if it's just going to get dirty again?
    Why shave if you're just going to grow hair again?
    Why eat something if you're just going to get hungry again?
    I'm assuming they started out of stress, peer pressure, or growing up around smoke and it just seemed natural. There's a million reasons why people start smoking, but it's awesome that they are trying to stop.
  18. twc

twc Well-Known Member

I smoked for 2 years and then tapered off. I had to do it on my own time, and not set to a schedule or someone else's demands. The hardest part was getting down to 1 or 2 cigarettes a day. After that I gradually stopped thinking about it.

Good luck to you. It's not easy, but doesn't have to be as hard as everyone says it is.

PS. You will probably have more appetite, so eat healthy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.