The last straw

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bruces, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I've seen my ex has put her house on the market to move on with her current boyfriend that's kinda put closure on any chance I thought we might have,we always had a connection but That's now gone what a difference a few years makes to my sanity,I used to have a good job and her now both have gone I think this signals the end it just hurts too much to be alive !!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Bruces, I am really sorry you're struggling with what is going on, maybe you need to move forward, accept what happened in the past and start fresh now that you have some sort of closure, a new door has opened. I know you have been suicidal for a while now, you have come this far, do not give up now. Keep opening up, it's an outlet you may need to keep to cope. I wish you the best of luck.

3. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

It's ironic because the relationship wasn't good at all but she was still the only girl I ever loved,and I now know it will never be,people tell me to move on but the thought of not seeing someone again seems to really hurt,I've taken to alcohol in a big way and I know there's no longer a way back for me,I'm now totally convinced life is not for me but I still don't wanna hurt my family I'm kinda hoping alcohol and tobacco abuse will end it prematurely

4. Petal

Would you be willing to go to counselling to get over her? Alcohol and tobacco is not the answer to anything in life. Counselling and having a good therapist could really open new doors for you and you could be on the road to recovery faster than you planned.

5. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I've suffered for about 26 years now up until about a year ago I never bothered with alchol and I felt terrible now with the vodka I at least get a few hours release

6. Petal

...But it is a fake reliever, you need to find some healthy ways to cope why you are drinking (which you know) but you need a professional to guide you through this and to get to the bottom of it. To cope without the need for alcohol. You can do this, think positive :)

7. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I find it so hard to think positive when everything's gone wrong

8. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I have to say I agree with the above- it has been over for some years and perhaps this will allow you to realize that too and actually move on past and stop holding onto something from the past that is making your current day to day life feel so miserable.Closure and a new beginning. Just as she has moved on you can as well and have a real relationship again as opposed to just continuing to grieve for days that are years in the past. Living in the past is a sure way to ensure the present is unfulfilled and has no meaning to you. Perhaps may things have gone wrong- but they went wrong a long time ago by your own admission. Instead of alcohol ( a depressant that makes you lower) and intentionally reliving memories that cause pain, choose to look toward tomorrow and find something to do today that would make tomorrow better. Choosing a hangover and the residual alcohol depression as way to start tomorrow is not likely to yield a better result today then it has in the last few months or years. Eventually you have to choose to change something if anything is ever to change and not just relive the same miserable day over and over.

So far a sit goes- you say you have suffered the same for 23 years or 26 years which implies you were just as miserable in the relationship as out of it and with a job/business and without. If you were in fact happier when were working and married then then admitting some days of life were not all misery and pain might allow you to look for ways to get better to better. It cannot be both ways - never happy a day for 26 years and now that lost job and relationship over is cause of pain and misery now. By insisting were never happy makes it easy to say there is no point in trying though. Perhaps trying to remember that some times were in fact not miserable (or else this change would not matter or feel different) will allow you to look at what was different and take steps to getting back to that.

9. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I think with my mental state that normality isn't going to be likely and with that in mind I'd prefer not to exist

10. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I can't think positive anymore either. I had a good mind, but now it's gone and I'm sure that it's never coming back.

11. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It is not even a case of think positive and say will be better when you don't think it will or pretending. It is accepting things as they are and appreciating things you have. Claims of 26 years of misery when had wife that still miss means was sometime during it you were happy to have wife. Same with Job- if you miss it that much that now life is horrible because lacking it then it means was something you liked. Now you have family that you say is only reason you stay alive- for them. Then appreciate and enjoy that family if they mean enough to you to care - it is alright to still appreciate and enjoy some things even if others make you miserable or suicidal. Lack of appreciation of the things you have is what typically makes you lose them so taking time to appreciate the few good things and express appreciation for what they bring to your life is a worthwhile use of time and energy. Life can be made a tiny bit better if we do not only talk about the horrible- and if it was all horrible then we would not miss things that are gone- but people and situations will certainly leave and move on if we never show any appreciation for them or express to them that our life is better because of them.

12. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I saw my CPN today and he basically said theve gone as far as they can with me and are prepared to discharge me,I told him I've had such strong suicidal thoughts over the weekend and had even thought of ways and means but he said he hasn't considered me a serious risk up until now so he doesn't think I will do it,I can't think straight at the minute it's like a fog I can't see through plus I have all the ocd symptoms to deal with as well :(

13. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I love my famy but hate fact they are getting older

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.