the last straw

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bigdru, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigdru

Bigdru Member

Hi,
    My mind is a mess,after 20 years of being with an abusive partner,emotionally and physically ,raising our kids almost single handedly, and dealing with her cheating,
    I have no life no friends just emptiness inside.
    Not a day goes by where I don't think about taking my life,one failed attempt already.
    I am now ready to try again as its the only way I see.

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am so sorry to hear how desperate how you feel.

But please try to stay strong and get yourself some help rather, help to move on and survive.
    Have you seen a counselor or therapist about these things? Have you considered looking for mens shelters? There's more men than you realize who reach out for help after being in abusive relationships.

Please get yourself some help. You deserve to get better! *hugs*

3. Bigdru

Bigdru Member

Hi, my step sis is a councillor but said she couldn't help me,and I am on a waiting list for counselling, as for the relationship,I am still in it,
    Hardest part is I live her so much and the kids (6), but after last nights revelations I just feel destroyed all over again

4. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

You really should look up mens shelters or similar. I'm happy, even if I know it's difficult, that you have realized what is going on. That is a big step to take. But please let yourself be helped.

5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

If the problem is the abusive relationship then leave the relationship. It is not love, it is codependence. No decent counselor would ever work with a family member so i understand your step sisters decline to try, I hope you manage to get an appt soon with somebody to help.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I hope you manage to feel a bit better soon. Therapy is hard but you do get used to it, I have had many therapists. I think you should keep posting here talking to us and look at how you can get professional help and advice too. Good luck to you!

7. Bigdru

Bigdru Member

She has done a complete 180 turn,
    Now wants us to sort things out, wow talk about a mind game

8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

If she's been abusive to you already, chances are she always will be. You deserve to get out of that relationship!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.