The last thing

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Aimee_in_Wonderland, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aimee_in_Wonderland

Aimee_in_Wonderland Well-Known Member

i had a suicide attempt lastnight..
    things once again got the better of me and i lost my battle with my feelings and gave in i was weak..
    i took an overdose of sleeping pills and a few other things.. with alot of alchol..
    the last thing i remeber is the flashing blue lights of a first reponse car..

then i was out of it for a good hour before waking up in hospital...

stomach pumped and feeling shit..

does the hospital really not care?
    i mean this is my 3rd attempt in a week..
    and all they keep doing is discharging myself..
    are they blind? can they not see that when im in this mood i am a danger to myself? or do they choose who they will and wont help?

i pretty much got stubbed and treated like shit.. i get it im wasting their time.. but i wish they knew that if the choice was mine i wouldnt have even made it there...

i wish i had control but i dont.
    the two people who can talk me round.. one of them is so busy..
    and the other one hasnt been botherd to speak to me in days.. even thou i was around and trying to ask them for help...

i understand they have their own lifes and problems to sort out.. but 5mins would have been enough to make me reconsider..

i really wish someone would understand me....
  2. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling that way. :(
    Most of the time, the doctors can't actually make the call to have you locked up, especially if you're an adult. So if you find yourself needing to get professional help, it's usually a step that you have to take on your own. You could probably get yourself admitted into a clinic or something. Let them know what you're going through and how you've attempted multiple times recently.

It's hard when the people you need most at times can't/aren't there for you. You said you've tried talking to one of them for help, maybe try the other one when they're less busy? If that doesn't work, you can always share what you're going through here if you need someone to listen to you and talk to you. My inbox is always open for PM's, so feel free to contact me if you'd like.

3. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I wish you where here, they do not take suicide attempts lightly, you first talk to the psych staff to determine your mental state. If found that you need imediate help they put you on a 72 hour hold(note this can be quite expensive but there are ways around that)where you are monitored closely. The following is group therapy which can quite helpful if you allow others to help you. then the discharge, if you feel ready(you can stay longer).
  4. azure

azure Member

Oh dear, that's terrible! How could they not even refer you to psych/counselling services?!?! They are total idiots and I would be reporting them if I was in your position. Surely they would be going against hospital policy?!?

Please, please, please seek out a counsellor and ring someone, tell someone close if you feel like trying again. Please.....
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

They are idiots i don't care you should have been kept and given help. Next time please just get yourself to a new hospital out of your area and tell emerg doc you are sucidal and need help you want to be kept safe okay please
  6. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Aimee, Im sorry you went through this. If I can be blunt in saying that people dont know how to react to these types of situations, you think because they are in medical field that they should have all the answers, they are only humans. And most humans ignore the bad side of life, like it will go away. Unfortunately for us, we are living it, we see and feel it everyday.

I can tell you that most will eventually give up if you do. Thats the sad reality.You have to make the choices in life for yourself. Im worried that your drinking so much, I worry that the alcohol and drugs are taking over and making you think that this is the way your life is always going to be.

Its not there will be a time when you start thinking of things for you!!! And it will make sense and those thoughts are going to start houding you, if they are not already. Is your brain telling you what you need to do, like take meds, go church, get out of a bad realtionship, eat better. Our minds have a way of letting us know what good will help, we just choose to ignore it.

Hope your feeling better. Hugs
  7. stig

stig Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Aimee. :console: you have my number now. text or call. please stay strong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.