The Legacy

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by tammylynn, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tammylynn

tammylynn Member

I had hoped that my Bipolar would simply die with me but sadly today I learned that is not to be. My 18 year old was placed on a pych hold/suicide watch today after a violent manic episode followed by a rigorous voiceing of wanting to kill herself. She also has been self medicating for some time with alcohol and was arrested origanally for public drunkeness. I feel so useless right now, this comes during a time when I have been sliding into depression and suicidallity myself. My family recently lost a member (my 3 year old granddaughter died in a fire in Nov.) and now I am very scared that we may loose another.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun i am so sorry your daughter is suffering so much hun and you My daughter sounds so much like yours hun she struggled from age of 13 and now is 24 she got help for her alcohol and drug abuse she was hospitalized so many times i almost lost her twice I know you feel helpless hun but just know now that she is been hospitalized you fight to get her supports in place ok I hope the hospital can get your daughters meds regulated for her and i hope hun that YOU get the supports in place to keep you from spiralling downwards You Have to look after you ok hugs
  3. Sublimity

Sublimity Member

There is evidence that some mental health problems such as bipolar are more prevalent amongst family members. You should not feel disheartened. I know a woman in her 50's who has had suicidal thoughts her whole life, yet she is still here. She has long periods where she can control it with medication. I think that you might just be able to overcome your personal struggle by supporting your daughter as it gives you something to fight for, hope. You are also more experienced that she is and can offer insight. She might seem uncooperative at times which is understandable, but as long as you are there in the long term, she will appreciate it when having that support becomes important.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That sounds very difficult. But since you have been suicidal yourself, perhaps you could be of great help to her. I do hope she gets well soon xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.