The less you eat the longer you live?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by LetItGo, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I heard this somewhere. That if you eat just enough each day to keep you alive and reasonably functional thats the probably the best level to be at. Is there any truth to that? The logic goes that because your working your system less, your digestive system, stomach, bowels, intestines etc etc....you end up living longer, those parts of your body dont break down and begin to malfunction as fast.

2. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

I believe it is true.

Calorie Restriction - Wikipedia

3. zetaf

zetaf Well-Known Member

There is a thin line between eating just enough and malnutrition.

4. I recently saw something on the Discovery Channel about the human body. Apparently, if you eat circa 1600 calories a day, it can increase your life span. I forget the exact reason why that worked, though.

5. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I haven't aged much, despite me almost being 27, already. While I do have some really fine wrinkles, I know I look better than most others. I've seen old pupils from classes I were in, that are about my age, and they all look far older than I do. Maybe this has to do with that I almost starve myself... only eat what I need to eat. Unfortunately, I eat a lot of candy, often... I wonder how big an effect candy has on aging.

I've been eating more, recently... maybe it's a mistake. It probably isn't good to eat too much, even if the food is purely healthy... amounts that are enough, not to feel hungry, probably is the best. I don't want to eat, anyway... except candy, perhaps. :/ It's my mental medication... as much as one can make things just a little "better," with me not having got a girlfriend, still.

6. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

surely it depends what you eat

7. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Is eating only when your stomach growls healthy? I've been trying to do this lately to lose weight but it's tough.

8. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I don't know if it's healthy, but you get used to it, eventually. Well, maybe not all people do, but I am almost more bothered by the sound, often, instead.

9. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

i think better eat more to hasten my death

10. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I, for one, don't care if it makes you live longer or not, but I definitely care if it keeps you younger for longer. I'm going to die before around the age of 35, anyway; that's the most time I need... cannot ever look the age of 35, though; need to die before I do that.

11. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

No. Even if I eat on bare minimum of what I should be functioning I'm feeling completely wrecked after a week, especially if I'm out walking a lot.

12. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I watched a documentary on obesity that said if you eat less you will live longer, but this assumes that you are getting all your nutrients and you are not malnourished. I eat all the food that I want, but mostly healthy food. I'm 27, but I look much younger. I want to live a long and healthy life, maybe even be the oldest man on earth if possible?

13. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

some people want to die because they are fat and therefore they feel that they r ugly. Weight issues are something one can do about and is not out of one's control and therefor one does not have to die/commit suicide.

14. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

not necessarily, weight issues can be created from other medical problems which you dont have any control over...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.