The life is a property

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lifeispainx2, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeispainx2

lifeispainx2 New Member

If life is the person who sustains, so, why should we prevent a suicide? If an act in everyday life is the responsibility of the one who commits, under the same logic, my life is my responsibility and this includes the act of put at end me life.

I do not understand why I am responsible for my finances, for example, under the assumption that I take all the decisions rationally. This should include suicide. And just as no one can stop to another to make a bank transfer, no one should have the right to stop suicide.

I infer this happens because nobody considers the suicide as a rational decision. That is, it is a decision influenced by external agents. Under this approach no decision is fully rational and is affected by feelings.

My conclusion on this is that we have the RIGHT TO SUFFER and OBLIGATION to be HAPPY.

I argue the question from the point of view that memory is not objective. That is, the perspective of what happened (based on the memory) is infinitely better than what really happened. This makes life a sustained lie.

And if I should not make this decision for not harming my relatives implies that they are more owners of my life that me.

Under this premise of submission to the feelings of others, my life is aimed at making others happy, AND THEN (through) be happy..

Nothing makes sense to me.

######
    21yo fm EU . thanx f read me

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hey. I am sorry you are in so much pain. You are not alone in that, when you are here. Believe me ! What you write about is something I, and perhaps most people here have thought about. And of course many people still do think about it.

I know that no matter how much my mother hurt me, I cannot create a situation where she loses one of her kids. But thats MY decision. There have been countless times... when I was deep in depreesion where I thought that it would not matter to her. But now it would matter. Because she just burried her son. And she wont ever be the same.

I am glad you found sf and are posting here. Believe me, you will find many people here who can relate to your words. And the great thing is that you do not have to wear a mask or hide your feelings here. I feel less alone when I am here. Also, I like to write in the diary area of the forums. Just to write how I feel. Its a really good community. Glad you are here.

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I agree with one half of one point - memory is not objective , but i submit it is equally possible for memory to be askew in either direction. So in times of pain the memories are influenced by that as well and distorted from reality.

Do you think it is okay or right to cause others pain? Typically that is what the biggest half of life's pain is about - that others caused you pain. Based on that , then yes, I think you should make decisions with the intent of sparing pain when possible and it is your choice , and yes , that does include a consideration when contemplating suicide. The pain you are either causing others without regard or consideration and far more often if people were honest with malice and intent to "pay them back".

A far more productive use of your time on a prolife suicide peer to peer support forum would be a discussion of what is bothering you as opposed to attempting to start a discussion of why you should or should not have that choice, which while there are many appropriate venues for that discussion, this is not one of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.