The little things in life.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by JM18, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM18

JM18 Active Member

I'm guessing some of you who may have noticed my posts see that i'm a fairly critical person who doesn't really seem that depressed. Well, let's just say i'm a very good liar.

However, another thing that helps a lot is life itself: the little things.

For example, if you have a pet, just look him or her in the eye (if indeed the pet has eyes) and try to catch any emotions... think of your pet as the other living creature... as life. Don't look at only humans as living creature but begin to see life everywhere, i for example looked straight in the eye at my dog. She looked sad. I know she looked sadly only cause she knew i'd give her something good if she did that, but still... she looked SAD... an emotion... life.

Another example of a little thing in life: I drink Earl Grey tea with milk. I first make the tea and then pour milk in it. I personally like to see different shapes and sizes, like to see smoke in the air (although i don't smoke myself). And when you pour the milk in the tea, it is as if tan smoke is rising in the tea and swirling around. I just like that shape and that figure.

So my reccomendation is: look around, see if there are any little things that might make you feel better, feel awe or just give you peace. Try it.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

This is so true. Little things is living in the here and now, IMHO. I love to look at my dog and trade expressions. The expressions are so subtle but it's a language all of it's own. It would've never happened had I not noticed the little things.

:)

3. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

I totally agree...I like to see cute animals...sky...flower....& so on

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I try to remember that when I'm at my worst the best thing for me to do is to focus on a little thing. Like how many things in the room are a certain color. It's like a vacation from the pain of my feelings.

Very rarely do I remember. God usually does something to remind me, like a bird will start singing loudly near my house even at night.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

My therapist talked me into getting a dog.. She said It would help me to learn to love again.. The first month I kept asking myself what the hell did I do that for..The second month he grew on me and now he is my constant companion..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.