The little things- the smallest thing

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Atheist Demon, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

This might be a stupid question, but do you get depressed over the smallest stuff? I had a small dose of sadness a minute ago, (nothing major, so don't worry :) ) because I was looking for a new avatar. I am REALLY into anime and the characters. (Blame it on my Asperger's) and I wanted a new anime avatar, but I wanted a specific one. I like horror and supernatural anime the most, and I like the goth/emo look on some but most of them were either crappy or were guys, and I don't like many male characters. I like the gothic or evil little girl anime characters. But google didn't have a good selection, so I decided to get Emna Ai (from Hell Girl) Xmas one, which is ok, but I wanted something more dark. And I was upset about it, and was pretty down. Sorry for taking so long to get the point (Aspies do that). But I wonder, do anyone else get down on trivial stuff, and post it here, it can't be worse than mine. :laugh:
  2. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

well i get pretty down when my best friends don't acknowledge me, or pay more attention to eachother, :/ idk, is that little?
  3. roo_army

roo_army Member

I just got upset at a family guy joke because it was something that my now ex boyfriend used to quote at me. I miss him.
  4. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i got really down the other day when i couldnt bang a nail into the wall properly. something that stupid can just really set me off
  5. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

when i went to order a blessthefall sweater online and all the good design ones were sold out
  6. Milton

Milton Well-Known Member

I misplaced my phone yesterday. I heard it buzzing on the floor, thought it was a text message, but when I found the phone it was just the battery low warning. Set me down for about two hours.
  7. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

I get really down over tiny things as well.
  8. Starkissed

Starkissed Member

I get angry over little things. Then the anger turns to sadness and the sadness turns to thoughts of self-harm or death. It's an ongoing cycle.
  9. zanderman

zanderman New Member

I am glad I found this thread people on the same wavelength
  10. numb2long

numb2long Member

I'm in the dumps because my friend didn't call me back today. Lame.
  11. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Depression is like looking into a distorted mirror. Things can seem bigger than they really are.
  12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Talk to your doctor about mood stabilizers. I am on one and it helps. When I am off it I am a real prick.
  13. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

same here...
  14. MAS

MAS Active Member

I know just how you all feel. I used to be able to handle so much more than I can now. The little things now tip me over the edge when I am depressed or anxious. They also play on my mind for so long.
  15. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Well put.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.