The lonely thread...for all those who are lonely

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Darker Than Black, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darker Than Black

Darker Than Black Well-Known Member

I am.
    Are You?

I've never had a girl friend, I'm 19.
    I've had 3 rejections.
    I've never had any close friends ever since grade 6.
    I've had 2 failed suicide attempts.
    I cried many times over spring break, especially before and after valentines day.
    I'm scared, that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life.
    I want to die, because I don't want to see that lonely future coming true.
    I have minor OCD.
    I've got anxiety attacks, and SA.
    I stutter when I'm too nervous.
    I've never hang out much, like never ever.
    I don't know how to speak to girls..because every time I do, I get a flash back of the past where I really messed up.
    I'm so lonely...

I wish I can get over the past, and meet some girl that would understand me, and won't turn me away for being the sensitive guy I am.

I wish for a lot of things to not happen to me, but slowly, its becoming a reality.
    So all I can do is cry, over and over again, every night until I fall asleep.
  2. SadPandaBear

SadPandaBear Well-Known Member

why do relationships seem so high up on everyone's "list"

People are miserable, terrible, the time you learn everything there is to know about someone (those dark things, they take awile) most people wish they hadnt known to begin with.

you're 19. YOUNG!

sigh... I wish I was 19 again.

PS: just because you think you're with someone.. doesnt mean you wont still feel lonely.
  3. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

I'm nearly the same as you, in everything... It's eerie :laugh:

Although I'm not bad with talking to girls... A blessing and a curse for sensitive guys. Girls never want to "lose" their sensitive guy friend, so they never date them.

Which sucks. Being lonely sucks.
  4. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

...the old - but maybe not wise- is chiming in. . .. relationships are important.
    because we are inherently designed to want a companion.

humans are not designed to live alone. we seek others. and yes, we hurt others.

i do believe there is a greater good. . in the aspiration towards love, , ,

but self-acceptance...may be the real answer to loneliness. . .
  5. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

dont u feel that loneliness just asking for you to fuckign slit your throat... i feel it.
  6. annie-crafts

annie-crafts Well-Known Member

I'm with someone. He is just in the next room and I feel incredibly lonely. I know that if I told him that I needed to talk or something, he would do it. But I know I would just feel worse, because I would still feel lonely. I have so many days when no one can console me. I guess I have to learn how to do that myself, but I'm not very good at it.
  7. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I am 21 and will be 22 in a few months and only have one friend who I barely see since he goes to school in another city. Never had a girlfriend. I haven't cared too much so far and I think the reason is because I have been so sheltered and happy just living in my parents house with my younger brother and hanging out with him and wasting away my life being a couch potato inside the house. It hasn't bothered me much but I know it will really nag at me very soon.....

Its pathetic, my darn dad just talked to me a few minutes ago and wants me to go to the temple to meet his friends and socialize with them since I am such a lonely freak of fucking nature. And its so pathetic since everyone else my age has friends their age and hangs out with them while I have to go to places with my parents. Even I know how pathetic it sounds and my peers would laugh their butts off at me. And so my dad tells me to make friends my age but I just can't. I'm such a loser and a freak I don't even want to try, same with a girlfriend.

He then offers to take me to a psychiatrist and I always refuse the offer, I'm just so confused and sad I dont want to do anything. And its going to get worse as I get older and still have no friends and girlfriend. Why did my parents have to have me? Why do I have to be so messed up and in this horrible situation and I don't even know if I want to live or die. If I was sure I wanted to live, I guess I would make an effort to better myself but since I also think I will kill myself within a few years, why even try doing anything now?
  8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

my nights in my flat are sheer terror. i'm fucking alone. i dn't know wheere i'm going to live. this flat is so temporary. what if my mother dies. has she made her will. i'm weak physically. i feel like a fucking invalid and out of touch with how to live in a house/flat, other than keeping it clean and washing my clothes and making food. i don't have my ex gf and her practicality anymore that had helped me.

my nights in my flat is like being in the wilderness and just me, being a little speck in this vast vast landscape.
  9. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

very lonely.
    I have maybe one or two good friends that I hardly see. If I'm feeling suicidal there's not one person I know who would drop everything to come see me... that's the kind of friend I want. That's what I've always tried to give people, but I haven't gotten it back. There's one girl who I can always call, shame she lives in Mississippi and I live in Connecticut.
    She's a bit younger than me, but maybe I'll save up and she can save up and we can get a place together. That'd be nice :D :heart:
  10. bluefish

bluefish Well-Known Member

Loneliness - that feeling of dread and emptiness in your very soul. I used to be okay with being alone, I accepted the possibility that I may never find the one person to share my life with. But now, I can't deal with it anymore. Friends may be there, but eventually they find their mate and you are a second thought. While the world moves on with their babies and their weddings, you are still stuck alone, no relationship and no children. The older you get, the tougher the pill is to swallow.

Of all feelings, loneliness is the one that has drawn me closer to the blade. I don't know what much else to do to ease the dread.
  11. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i have people. i just dont relate most of the time, i feel like a sore thumb, or that i'm to 'wierd'
    so in that sense i feel alone.
  12. Drekono

Drekono Well-Known Member

Anyone else feel like a relationship is the last thing you want in the world because you know itll only lead to pain but at the same time the only thing you want in your life is to not be lonely? Its very counterproductive
  13. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

I've always been alone but, if truth be told, I've rejected many more people than have rejected me. The central reason is that most people, really, are pretty dull. They are shallow and superficial.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are actually a choosier person than you realize. You're looking for someone who won't disappoint you. Someone whose spirit will truly excite you.
  14. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

The uncanny ability to be alone in a room full of people...that sums up alot of how I feel.
  15. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I feel lonely a lot, but I keep myself isolated, which doesn't make much sense. I'm afraid of being hurt or abandoned so maybe that's why I keep to myself.:sad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.