The mall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparrow91

I went to the mall today and it made me feel horrible. I don't know if it's the new fashion trend that bothers me or that maybe I don't fit . It made me so miserable. I started to hate myself again , it's not like I did anything either. I'm so unsure with who I am I guess. Does anyone hate being in malls or around a lot of people?

H

Hatshepsut

The makers of malls hate being in malls because they're tearing down the malls and replacing them with fake main streets.

Most people don't really like going to stores. But they really want the stuff that's in stores, so they go, compulsively. It's a cultural value in America to consume, and if you can't or don't do so, then you are labeled as deviant.

I don't like being around people, either, although I can deal with it as long as I don't have to talk major business with them or ask them to do things for me. Society thinks people who hang out alone are sick. That's an improvement over the days when these people were believed the work of the devil. Seriously.

I hope you doing okay, and always feel welcome here. :)
~
~ :mod: .. :mod:

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Hi, Sparrow91. I can relate to not enjoying the mall experience. :hug:

When the mall is busy, it's noisy, bright, and so many people I can hardly move. I don't enjoy that at all! The styles and fabrics these days look wonderful on some people, but they are often not flattering on me, and that is very hard on my self-image. And the clothes I do like - they seem to cost more than I wanted to spend. (I try to combat that by checking out the "clearance" sale racks. I also try to buy basic, classic styles in colors that I can mix and match. Two shirts and two pairs of pants, four combinations :D. )

I'm always glad to get home from the mall. You are not alone in not always enjoying the excursion! :)

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Yeah, I hate being in malls most of the time. Mostly it's just the crowds of people, and how loud and obnoxious they can sometimes be. I'd rather be at home by myself, but sometimes it's necessary to go shopping. I'm sorry that the experience seemed to trigger you, but I hope you are feeling better now.

Sparrow91

Acy, I like checking the clearance rack too. Trends change so fast So I don't care about it , I love t shirts and jeans but while I'm in the mall I feel like I'm being judged because I'm not like them . I hate that why do I have to feel like that,
Witty, I have seen people get louder and more obnoxious , why? I have no idea. Usually malls don't trigger anything I just happened to be over flooded with thoughts. I'm doing a little better now, I'm going to have to go back soon though :/ I need interview clothing

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I would say just go there and get what you need, and try to ignore everyone, that's what I would do. I hate dealing with people because of the way most of them act. I have no idea why people are so loud and obnoxious. There's some people who have been outside my window for a few hours now, just yelling and being annoying. I have a low tolerance to stuff like that. So I can understand why you would be frustrated being around a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00