The meds work... But not today

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Lestat, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

Hi, I have been coming here for around 9 months now... I have been mostly good the past few months...

The problem is I do not know why or how I have been ok... I guess it is the prozac type meds I am?

Right now its 11am (UK time) and I have not slept yet. I have been up all night and just feel shit.

Its like I normally block all my problems off... I just do not think about them and when I do I manage to quickly stop myself... But right now I cant.

I do not know what to do with myself anymore. I really need to talk to someone but am unable to talk to my family because they are as upset as i am.

Its not just that they are upset... Its that I would break down and not be able to cope with talking about it to them...

I do not know why I am even writing this... I just feel like it is maybe a cry for help... Or maybe a way of me sorting my head out.

Anyway, thanks for reading if you did :)

2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I think it is almost always impossible to talk to loved ones about the things that bother us the most. I take it you have no professional support? If not it might be worth going to your doc and asking for a referral to see a psychologist/counsellor. There is usually a long waiting list for the former but often surgeries have there own counsellors and it might not take too long to see one. It might also be a good idea to get some sleeping meds for a short term solution to your insomnia as things always look and feel worse when you've not had a decent sleep... and I speak from experience!

3. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

I agree that things always get worse when you cant sleep.... I just hate sleeping because that is when things get worse. I have no control over my dreams.

I have tried counsellors in the past but I find it hard leaving the house and always miss them :( I also find it hard to even know what day it is most of the time.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I know how it feels to not sleep. I use to go up to three days and nights without sleeping. One of my meds is for sleep Ha it doesn't work. It will help me fall a sleep but within an hour or two I am wide awake. I am up the rest of the night. Everyone keeps telling me not to be sleeping during the day. Well if I don't sleep when I can then I won't sleep at all until I totally run myself down. By the way when I sleep during the day it's only a couple of hours. So between night and day I'll be lucky to sleep 5 hours a day.
    Why don't you call your family doctor and ask him if there is a therapist he can refer you to. They give you total privacy and not even your family can find out how your doing so you don't have to worry about that. Yes there are good and bad therapists, it took me until the third one before I found one I can talk to. Now she knows my whole life story. I wish you well and PM me if you need to talk or vent. I am on and off the forum all different hours. It has become my new friend.(HAHA):chopper:

5. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

I have tried to see people in the past but without any luck. I find it hard to go outside and put everything off till its too late.

I know this needs to change (Much more easier said than done) and I know i need to see someone.

The hardest thing for me to do right now is talk to someone who is a profesional... Even talking on the phone is a no no right now :( I can only talk to fiends... who i have no lost contact with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.