The meds

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by forlorn, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forlorn

forlorn Staff Alumni

These fucking meds are gonna kill me man. Cant believe the shit Ive been writing on this forum, sorry If Ive upet anyone. One minute I'm suicidal the next I'm kind of numb, I'm fucking insane. Should I stay or should I go? I'm climbing the walls. Got to see my Doctor tomorrow and I'd rather go and gas myself in my car, Is that normal?

your only here once, make the most of it
    ( who said that cause I'm gunna kill him)

2. I am like that without meds. I tried adderall for a little bit. I made me think I was God (literally). I have been off of them for awhile now. Now I just want to die...for some reason...God will not answer my prayer of killing me. This so-called "mental illness" is an interesting subject. Wonder if it is just a cop out...but for some reason...I can not function properly. What to do...what to do?!

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Meds are a damned if you do damned if you dont situation for most people. How something tat is supposed to help screws us up so much is beyond me. Hang in there til your doctor appointment. Hope the doc can help you straighten it all out.

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi forlorn. I think you should talk to your doctor about your medication, since it seems like they are causing what you're going through. Medication for psychological disorders generally don't work very well, but you have to try them and see how they work for you.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug:

6. D3ath

D3ath Well-Known Member

Sort of related - mostly isnt though xD. Just wanted to share my experience.

Even without meds i fount my moods changing like 20+ times a day its extremely annoying and exhausting. So yeah i can sort of relate :(. Just hope tomorrow the doctor subscribes the right medication for you.

7. LILICHIPIE

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

hey forlorn

long time not talking to you
    your prolly mat at me anyways
    regarding your post; yeah def stop them but with withdrawal from ur doc
    already told you that i hope u ll listen to me on that one
    u dont want to end up like me seeing you dead already
    and yeah thats the meds i know that
    think of shyzos people; before getting stable with their psyhotic meds; they most have been through deliriums and voices louder than ever
    then stabilization

8. Uncertain

Uncertain New Member

Forlon - I'm going through something similar. I wind up skipping my second week of work because I was prescribed too much meds which sent me to a major depression. I saw my doctor and reduced the amount. I'm still depressed, but getting better. Give yourself and your doctor a chance; you never know :smile:

9. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Note to the reader - this is one long post, one which I have taken pains to make as readable and thought-provoking as possible. Though you may at first balk at its length, I encourage you to take it sections, maybe take breaks if necessary. :wiggle: I promise you won't find it a waste of your time. And yes, if you like the piece, feel free to pass it around or print it out.

Hey! Who gave you permission to read my diary!!? :tongue:

Uhhm... not... really. No. :)

Forlorn, you're too funny to lose man. I enjoy and empathize with your posts.

Tis the truth for so many. I'm on Zoloft but I'm.... stuck on Zoloft. As in for life. I've tried switching, getting off, weaning off, cutting back. No go.

Heck, my mental homeostasis (balance) being precarious as it is, I'm afraid to juggle with this stuff. So, I dutifully stick to my 100 mg Zoloft every morning like a good like little maniac. lol

The reader may have noted by now that I haven't lost my sense of humor. I ain't givin' it up. :no:

* * * * *​

[Curiously forlorn, my reactions to your post have dovetailed straight into different aspects, all relevant believe it or not.]

One thing you mentioned, "this so-called mental illness," sparked an entire other discussion for me. Modern day "rogue" doctors like the noted Stanton Peele openly question what we deem "normal" and "abnormal."

And indeed, psychology (counseling without the meds) and psychiatry (counseling often with meds) -- are two of the most inexact disciplines in medicine.

How the hell can you diagnose (label) something you can't even see and must often guess at (educated or not)?

A broken bone, you can see diagnose and heal. Pneumonia, same thing. There is no guessing in any other field of medicine like you'll find in psychology/psychiatry. To his credit, my own pdoc will confess to me, "you know, all we're really doing is trial and error when it comes to medicating affective disorders." This is why in psychiatry they have a motto NOT to be dismissed: When you find something that works, stick with it!!

Patients (of whom I have been a victim) are often lured into "trying" something new from daggone news-break commercials. That's just wrong, and I think the broadcast advertising of prescription medications should be banned.

* * * * *​

Then, you have the cost factor.

Cost should NEVER be a determinant in the value of another human being's healthcare. Hey, I don't care if you call it a right or a privilege but one's income level just shouldn't determine the quality of healthcare you get in the U.S. Should it?

Ignominiously, you can get guaranteed free quality healthcare for life if you commit a serious crime and go to prison. Personally I'd just stay ill and have my freedom... but the irony is undeniable. Should you be tagged an enemy combatant, the U.S. will ship your ass to Cuba and you'll get guaranteed free top-notch healthcare for as long as you stay.... lol That Michael Moore is something. Man made it all the way into Guantanamo Bay and damned if he didn't even capture interviews from some of the staff there.

Now that. Is amazing.

I'm not a blind Moore follower, but the movie Sicko is mandatory viewing for everyone, pro-Moore or anti-Moore; it lays bare the human cost of the richest country on the face of the Earth under-treating its own citizens.

From the movie, very poignant:

Cuba is a little island in the Caribbean with little to no resources, observes Dr. Aleia Guevara, Pediatrician. We can do a lot to improve the people's health. This does not happen in the United States.

Dr. Guevara goes on to query, Why are we able to, and you are not? There's something to notice there, because the more a country produces, the richer it is, the better it should take care of its people.

Politics aside it is FACT that if you are poor and in dire need of the most up-to-date medical treatment available and you happen to reside in the U.S.? Brother You Are Screwed.

You see, immaculate healthcare in the United State of America is reserved for those with lotsa lotsa money.

LOL, I meandered OT forlorn. My apologies there--but the queer dichotomy of values (we'll expend billions on the bungling of Iraq but God help you if you require good healthcare in the United States) has been pent up in me for some time now. To me, the subject far transcends mere politics.

The goodness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.
    -Alexis de Tocqueville

:rose: ToHelp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.