The Metal Music Thread

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
This song is pretty neat. After seeing them a thousand times live, it's still THE band that everyone loves/likes that I don't "get" at all. They almost irritate me for some reason, though they do nothing wrong - well all their concerts ARE exactly the same, but that's a very minor complaint from me. Perhaps because I find the music overrated, or it's the humour, I'm not sure, but I am trying and trying... One day! :)
I know that there's also a lot of metalheads that hate Ghost, it feels like about 50/50 to me. I'm not the biggest ghost fan and I could only name a handful of their songs, but I think they're fun and have some cool riffs (like Cirice) From what I hear, their live shows are pretty good but I can't speak on that

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
I read a lot of people disliking them because they "aren't heavy" or "sound like Scooby doo music" or people who see the band and expect them to be black metal based on their visual style but are then dissapointed when they actually hear the band.

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
Yeah, they are certainly pretty light, but I'm not into judging what band fits metal or not, I don't really care about that if they do good music. Plenty of hard rock bands are accepted, and well... etiquettes *sigh*. I'd also say Ghost is more or less rock according to my standards, but I can't use that as a justification for not liking them, or rather, not understanding the huge enthusiasm around them. Plenty of bands calling themselves rock nowadays is not rock in my personal book, but it's not a critique, just my own classification. *dunno
I think of them as metal, heavy metal specifically. Obviously this song isn't very metal though, more the kind of song I'd want to hear at a party or ball. I don't think there's anything wrong with your opinion on them of course

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
HMMMM... First... What is "modern" metal? :p Like, after 2010?
Just kidding. I don't do favourites, so I wouldn't be able to choose a "best" either :p
What's your favourite A7X album?
I actually don't think I listen to any bands formed after 2010, honestly I'm not too sure about a time-frame. Slipknot are modern but their first album came out in 2001.
Favorite A7X album is definitely City Of Evil. The guitar tone on the album is among my favorite ever, Syn's lead guitar work is some of the best I've ever heard, Matt's voice is flawless. It's just such an incredible album. A7X are the band that got me into metal in the first place. Are you a fan of them?

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
Me neither, I think. Most of my favourites probably qualify as "modern".
I have one of their albums (the white one with little wings) but I haven't listened enough to become a fan, I guess. It's the only one I heard. :)
Yeah idk, I think 2000s metal is what counts as modern, bands like slipknot, gojira, every metalcore band, etc.
That's their self-titled album, I imagine you'd like the song A little piece of heaven from that album. It's creepy, metal and has a symphony on it. I'd link it but due to the um.. Story, of the song, I don't think I should

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
That's the first song I heard. A friend of an old friend made a cover of it once (female voice) and it was amazing. It's a really funny song, but I've never paid attention to the lyrics... I like the whole album. :)
The lyrics are... Interesting to say the least. I like the album for the songs I do like, but to me it has some of their most "meh" songs for me and even one of their few songs I dislike. But even though I put it on like 2 months ago for the first time in years, I was still singing along to every song as if I'd heard them every day.

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
Oh, well I like to start with potentially the worst album of a band, it can only get better. I haven't listened to it in years though, my tastes might have changed.
That's smart. Though idk which one is the worst, they're all just different. Perhaps you should check some of their stuff out, but idk

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
lol I found a way to summon you. :D
Where metal goes, I usually follow. This is one of the videos I use for inspiration when I don't feel like practicing. But I was actually already here debating whether to post an actual song or something on a less serious side like my last post :D

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
One more post. Eerie, yet heavy riffs. A terrifying and almost erratic solo. Poetic and meaningful lyrics. More metal than anyone else will ever be while waering just jeans and a black shirt in broad daylight. An incredible musician.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter

"Nero Forte" - Slipknot
(One of my favorites off the new album 😁)

I'm never enough.
You bled me dry, using me up.
Dissatisfied and used, another key to the empty spot in you.

I'm sick as fuck; I'm in my prime.
What do you want?
I guess it's time to see.
If you're laughing now, you'll find no peace.

Oh, wait, and wait, and feel.
I haven't felt like this in years.
Not much left, so uprooted.
Fist clenched tight in the pockets of my hoodie.
And I know where I need to go.
But the voice of reason can't say no.
It's in the eyes and heart, just the latest psycho off the charts.
That's what you do best.

A home like yours is upside down, too much animosity.
Nobody does it better than the enemy.
A hope like yours won't help me now.
You can do your worst to me.
At the end of the day, that's what you do best.

I know, and even if I didn't, I would lie so many would believe it.
Stand up, and resist the chains.
Of all the people in belligerent, sick restraint.

I wasn't enough, you bled me dry.
Which way is up?
Oh, you're a lie and a fake.
I hope that truth is not too late.
That's what you do best.

That's what you do best.
That's what you do best.
That's what you do best.

(Why) Why was it easy for you?
(Did) Did I deserve the abuse?
(I) I can't believe I let it.
(Not) Not what I wanted.
(See) See through your bullshit.
(Your) You're so dramatic.
(True) True to your form of
(Face) Every consequence.
(Un) Unintimidated,
('Til) 'Til the very end.
(It) It'll never happen.
(Was) Was it all a lie?
(Too) motherfuckin' late.
That's what you do best.

(Lie) That's what you do best.
That's what you do best.

That's what you do...
That's what you do best, yeah.
(What you do best)
Yeah.
(What you do best)
(What you do best)
(What you do best)
(What you do best)
That's what you do best.
That's what you do best.

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️

"Nero Forte" - Slipknot
(One of my favorites off the new album 😁)

I'm never enough.
You bled me dry, using me up.
Dissatisfied and used, another key to the empty spot in you.

I'm sick as fuck; I'm in my prime.
What do you want?
I guess it's time to see.
If you're laughing now, you'll find no peace.

Oh, wait, and wait, and feel.
I haven't felt like this in years.
Not much left, so uprooted.
Fist clenched tight in the pockets of my hoodie.
And I know where I need to go.
But the voice of reason can't say no.
It's in the eyes and heart, just the latest psycho off the charts.
That's what you do best.

I know, and even if I didn't, I would lie so many would believe it.
Stand up, and resist favorite skins.
Of all the people in belligerent, sick restraint.

I wasn't enough, you bled me dry.
Which way is up?
Oh, you're a lie and a fake.
I hope that truth is not too late.
That's what you do best.

That's what you do best.
That's what you do best.
That's what you do best.

(Why) Why was it easy for you?
(Did) Did I deserve the abuse?
(I) I can't believe I let it.
(Not) Not what I wanted.
(See) See through your bullshit.
(Your) You're so dramatic.
(True) True to your form of
(Face) Every consequence.
(Un) Unintimidated,
('Til) 'Til the very end.
(It) It'll never happen.
(Was) Was it all a lie?
(Too) motherfuckin' late.
That's what you do best.

That's what you do best.

That's what you do...
That's what you do best, yeah.
(What you do best)
Yeah.
(What you do best)
(What you do best)
(What you do best)
(What you do best)
That's what you do best.
That's what you do best.
My favorite song from the new album. The video is kinda trippy and weird but in a cool way

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
Yes, I definitely see you playing this! *yes
I can do all the rhythm parts and tge leads before the chorus parts. But the 3 outro solos? I wish I could play that. I've read tabs and watched covers and it's some seriously crazy shit. Which is naturally why it's one of my favorite bodom songs :D

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
Yep. Even Alexi doesn't do the exact same thing live as on the album, I'm sure. He was definitely drunk when he composed that randomly, that's how masterpieces are born.
Yeah he improves his solos sometimes, usually specific parts of them. I don't think I've seen him play the end of the solo from Downfall live as it actually is on the album. But Kissing The Shadows is probably their hardest song so he might have to change certain licks, I've also heard he doesn't really like the song but udk if that's true. He must have been drunk for sure when he wrote it, but probably not when he recorded it lol

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
Improvises*, I'm an idiot
Not my favourite either, but I recognize the solos are quite insane. I wouldn't be surprised if he improvised the solos at the recording session lol.
Yeah they're on another level of lead playing, this song absolutely blew my mind the first time I heard it. Even Alexi admits that he sometimes struggles to play stuff from the earlier albums and this song isn't easy by anyones standards. He might have improvised it but probably with some way to figure out what he played since he has played it perfectly live before. I'm pretty sure he got it note-for-note at the 2000 show in Korea

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
Ah! Well this changes the meaning indeed. ;) You think he played it perfectly? I don't know, I haven't watched many shows, but he must've cut on drinking that exceptional evening then. *bleh He's certainly capable of it, since he composed them.
I haven't watched that one in a while but I'm pretty sure, though I doubt he was sober. Not only can he play stuff like that but he can do it while drunk. Even more impressive.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00