The Mocking Cruelty Of The Dawn

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by CGMAngel, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

Hello everyone;

I have spent the past 34 years reading every last book and article about depression and anxiety, in the hope that I would find my own soul mirrored in those words and that this would, in turn, somehow validate the desert path that stretches behind me as far as I can see. Yet nothing I have read has ever quite nailed the truth about chronic despair like these words I once came across:

Living with depression is like sitting around waiting to die.

Does anybody else feel that way? I feel this sums up my life in a nutshell. Going through the daily motions, watching the clock, wondering why I keep seeing another sunrise.....

2. scarlettdrknss

scarlettdrknss Well-Known Member

Hey :)

I guess that is a good way to put it. I've come across to a similar thought before. I have attempted suicide before and am now have the opinion that I'm unable to do it. I found myself wishing to get sick and die, like so I wouldn't be commiting the 'crime' but could just sit there and let it take over me.

It also does fit the description of depression because you don't feel like doing anything, you don't have the will to live and you sometimes don't even have the will to do something against living, so you are actually just there, waiting for something to happen so that you can leave that place or that feeling and most often one thinks death is the only escape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.