the monster is here

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by on my own, Aug 12, 2007.

1. on my own

on my own Well-Known Member

it's one of those days that nothing can go right, it's that kinda days that I actually should not even attempt to go into chat. yet I do. because I want to help people, my intentions are not to hurt them, my intentions are to help them. but not a lot of people seem to believe that. yet, we've all noticed that with some members, the hugs and pats on the back dont seem to help. I want to make things better, I really want to... so I try something else, something that would work for me.

what I can't take is all of chat getting on my neck if something goes wrong, or when people do not understand what I'm trying to say... or that maybe, just MAYBE, I made a mistake. I'm only human and I can't change that, even if I wanted to. and than people, freaking out over the smallest things, making a conversation that wasn't about them completely center around themselfs... that's okay, but please... dont tell me I handed you a knife.. please, I can't take that. did you ever even consider how much you might hurt me when I try to reach out and you just dont want the help and sign off, threatening suicide? another sleepless night for me. I can't let that go. now, thanks to somebody, I have images in my mind to go with it... how do you think I feel now? all I wanted was to help you, and you wouldnt let me, even told me it's all my fault. and maybe you're right, maybe you aren't. how are we ever gonna know? I can't take this, I dont have to.

what's been said tonight by some members hurt... it hurted a lot. it felt like a lot of people ganging up on me for making a mistake, and than, one member decided to make it all about her. and, omg, I spelled her name wrong, call the BBC, call CNN... I spelled her name without an E... and than she told us she'd was gonna 'finnish what she started yesterday'. god, here we went again... that's exactly what I can't take anymore... she's always back on the day after... and I can't sleep at night because she walked out like that. I tried to tell her that, but I failed. I failed twice in a matter of minutes. cuz I cared, cuz i was trying to help... cuz... I'm me. there's nothing more to it really.

all be careful, the monster is here. but don't worry, he'll destroy himself long before you can get to him.

2. on my own

and the monster has returned.

and I'm sure we all agree if I say somebody should put it out of it's missery

3. Sorrow

Sorrow Well-Known Member

Where's a monster? I don't see one. I see a caring person that's trying to help others. Sometimes things work out sometimes not at least you tried. I'm here if you want to talk.

4. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

If you mean you by the monster, then i disagree. Remember that chat we had like ten minutes ago? You're not a monster. no one is. It's 'good people making bad mistakes'.

TDM

5. on my own

some people make too big mistakes, me being one of them. even if I dont deserve to die I surely deserve being put out of my missery.

if only it was to protect others

6. on my own

and now I'm being called a nazi cuz of what I believe in and the fact that I dont think hitler was an exeption to that.

why don't people ever listen? why do they not want to listen? why do they rather hate you after half the story than hear you out?

let me explain this to you real quick. I choose not to live by a religion, but to have a code of honer to follow. yes, I made that code up myself. but there's a lot of stuff in it that comes directly from the bible, the hardest stuff. I don't judge, I try to forgive and I generally try to be a good person that does the right thing. I fail at this a lot, but I keep on trying.

now, one of my believes is that there are no evil people in this world. there are no bad people, there are bad decisions. I do not believe that if something goes wrong, only one person is to blame. I refuse to blame one person for all the bad things in the world, because that's never true.

knowing this, it probably won't suprise you that I do sympathize with hitler, AS A PERSON! I don't agree with most of his policies (I would love to go in detail about some of the good things he did for europe, there are laws here in the netherlands that came from the hitler regime, anyway, moving on) and I certainly DO NOT agree with hilters decision to murder millions of people on grounds of lifestyle, religion or simply physical apearence. I am against all that. I think he should have never started that war... I think that hitler was insane and couldnt handle everything. yes, I feel sorry for him, he must have been the loneliest person on the planet during that war. he must have felt a lot like I feel now. alone in the world. (a feeling that I think nobody, no matter what, should have)

now I'm being called a nazi because I refuse to agree that hitler was an evil person. but my believes state that nobody can be evil. I call this discrimination, because my believes equal a religion. I'm being called something on grounds of my believes and my unwillingness to make an exeption on this.

I guess the monster has returned once again.

7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Perhaps OMO ...please don't bite my head off..but in this instance it would be better to just not mention it:unsure::blink:
    Everyone has their own slant on things and if you take a stand outside of those beliefs it causes argument and dissent.
    I actually can see where you are coming from on this one, but I can also see the point of view of people who had relatives who suffered and died at the hands of the Hitler regime. Maybe its a case of less said?

8. RunningAway

RunningAway Well-Known Member

I have not called you a Nazi. I just wish that you would not go on about Jews and Hitler. Even when I am not in chat you still persist with other members. Sympathising with Hitler is not something many people wish to listen to. Drop it. My last post on the subject.

9. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

Hey monster,
    if Hitler isn't a bad person, tell me then: who do you think is? Moral relativism can be dangerous.

10. on my own

terry; I said this here cuz I thought this was called 'let it all out' and I was under the impression that therefore, I could try to explain myself and rant in here, it seemed kinda pointless to start a new topic seeing this all kinda goes on in the same fashion as the first post.

runningaway (by lack of a name); you didn't call me a nazi, but others did. I can't remember how it got going, but it just happened for some reason. most likely because bob asked why I was suprised I was still allowed in chat. I just happen to see something else here, it's nearly 60 years ago, this whole war. I was thinking, maybe we can start let go and start being reasonable. of course, asking somebody who is jewish probably wasnt the best person to start with. what does your bible say about turning the other cheek?

Azul; you've found the point, congratulations. I don't think there are bad people, only bad decisions. I think that answers your question.

11. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

on my own,

I think you just rubbed people the wrong way. Was Hitler evil? Well, how many evil actions make an evil person? I see no real evidence that Hitler (although maybe not born evil) did not become evil through his actions. We ARE made up of our actions ultimately, are we not? I mean, as far as God goes (and I believe in God) we are not CREATED evil, but we have that potential, and if we kill, say, 7 million or so people, well, that would make someone evil in my eyes.

I'm not saying Hitler didn't have his own problems, but for fuck sake...he died as a mass murderer who was totally unrepentant.

Do I think Hitler will eventually forgiven by God? I hope so. I have hope that everyone will eventually be forgiven for what they have done, but only after much penance and soul-searching.

12. on my own

you can have your believe, I don't believe in god, so I think people should be forgiven by other people.

I dont like being called nazi on grounds of believes that have nothing to do with fasism, nationalism or discrimination

13. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Well its all well and good saying people "should" forgive but sometimes they just can't and you need to accept that and act accordingly.

14. ybt

ybt Guest

can we all fucking stop? this is mick's rant.

15. on my own

dont you think it's kinda unfair to call me a nazi (which is purely political) while I have nothing to do with it whatsoever?

and thanks alex

16. Driretlanii

Driretlanii Active Member

OMO, I recall having said that I do understand your point of view, and actually, I do think the same way... no bad peeps, just bad decisions or bad timings... And in that chat I made that very clear 'cos I didn't like some things I saw there and how some members treated you just because you said what you think. We must all be more tolerant and understanding to each other... We must have all kind of people in here, from all kind of cultures, minorities and so on... Freedom of speech is actually a right we ALL have if we don't cross that thin line that divides it from attacking others. You were NOT attacking anyone, you were merely saying what you thought, and even if you are wrong or not (that's not the issue here), you were attacked right after 'cos of your beliefs - and that is just not right! And even if I didn't agree with your point, I still would have stood up for you 'cos of it, 'cos what some people did and called you was wrong.
    And sincerely, I don't think of yourself as a monster...
    Take care!

17. on my own

dude... this post couldnt have a better timing, thanks

18. Driretlanii

Driretlanii Active Member

you're welcome! :smile: