The more you know about life

Status
Not open for further replies.

whynot

It depresses me. Learning about human variation, somatypes, genetic capabilities. I usually end up on the bottom of what's considered ideal most of the time. When I take interest in something such as human anthropology, weight training body building etc I find that I am always genetically limited and at the bottom of the bell curve. Even if I worked to an extreme level I would never be as good as people who have better genetics and don't even have to try. Even my physical health is poorer than average. Really, whats the meaning to all of this. In nature I think my only purpose would be to feed whatever animals would eat my corpse. I guess it's the same now though except the animals have been replaced with humans who have better genetics than I do. That's really all it comes down to in the end.

meagainstme

society has given us 'rules' on what is right. what is average. but that doesnt mean its perfection.
dont try and judge yourself against others. judge yourself against yourself. find what makes you happy and proud of yourself.
e.g. with weight training, dont think that someone else looks better than you do you must do more, why not see what you personally have achieved :)

this world is a pretty shallow and critical place, and once we start listenin to others ppls crap its a downhill struggle.

stay strong and know that you are better than alot of shallow people out there :hug:

Erebos

Dealt a certain hand, we each have the opportunity to win. Yes, some will need to struggle more and play more cleverly to succeed. But we all have the choice to fold at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00