The Much maligned Courtney Love...

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by A.SoNiC.boY, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.SoNiC.boY

A.SoNiC.boY Well-Known Member

[i was going to leave this as a comment on YT but... it seems to be about 4500 char over the limit. :(]
    Hey everyone. I'm a huge Nirvana geek so we have that established to start. ;)

So lets address this shall we? Kurt Cobain shot himself in the head. Courtney Love did not kill him, nor did she pay anyone to kill him, despite what intoxicated individuals who were so wasted they got hit by a train have claimed. We are all, unfortunately for us, but more so for her, aware that Courtney Love cannot keep her mouth shut. She is in the Diva league in terms of outbursts, improper conduct in public, and general debauchery. There is NO debate here. So can you really say with any validity that at some point in the last 18+ years... she would have managed to NOT blurt out in whatever intoxicate or otherwise impaired state, an account of how she killed or had killed, her late husband? Is it possible, yeah it is, but about the same probability that ship full of Vulcans are gonna pop in to wish the earth long life and prosperity. People simply lack the moral equivalent of a pair of “balls” to look at reality and say: Yes, yes Kurt took his life. So you need to find a scapegoat, and some thing you can pretend is proof that what is, is not. Too much heroin in his system... he couldn't have reached the trigger... and so on. Well, guess what? The bodies ability to process heroin... is just like it processes anything else. The key is your tolerance. I friend of mine, who recently passed away also from suicide, was brought in to the Pych. ER after having too much to drink one night, and making some foolish decisions, with a blood alcohol level which in a non alcoholic was about twice the lethal level. She was not only walking and talking coherently, she was fairly sober considering the amount of booze she'd imbibed. Of course now you want to argue that heroin is different! Like you've had a single incident in your life where you've abused an opiate. (tho I'm sure this is not universally true). People have been pulled over, DRIVING with higher blood levels of heroin then Kurt had. The basic concept is: The maximum tolerance you can build up, is pretty much directly correlated to the funds which you dedicate to the addiction. And as to the toe shit... You can set of a shotgun from a fairly short drop...
    So lets move on: “Courtney drove him to it?” her behavior (one type or another) is usually sited here.
    Well, lets see you trying to clean up... then have your husband, and the father of your toddler, shoot himself in your house, and see if that has an adverse affect on your mental state? They clearly loved each other. And while they may have had a destructive, and unhealthy relationship that is none of our business, and was at most a small portion of his motive. Interesting however is this: Its universally agreed he was VERY, PAINFULLY self-contentious. He hated people in being in his shit, and you know the rest. Well. Take that, and compound it with the fact that he was trying to free himself from a MASSIVE heroin addiction... and I'd say you get a far bigger component in his decision, then his “failing” marriage to Courtney. Actually, along those lines... the dislike of attention/fame... A lot of you who want to rag on Courtney, to diminish Kurt's responsibility for his own actions... are the “Obsessed” variate of fans. You know who you are. Well guess-fuckin-what? This vein of fandom in which you bathe yourselves.. is at least, if not more so, an contributing factor on Kurt's suicide, as anything Courtney did. Sit and think with that a while... if you can stomach it. So I guess will get this wrapped up with the “Kurt wrote Holes songs!” crap. No, he may have influenced, he may have provided constructive criticism.. but write the songs for his wife?! Really?! For fucks sake. He described him self as a feminist at least on one occasion. What the fuck kind of backwards-ass: “Oh Courtney, you're just a stupid woman... let me write that for you!” bullcrap is that, which you claim he pulled?
    Loud quiet? Yeah its there. Its there in the pixies albums too... it was popular, and Courtney's ambitious... its a good place to “start”.
    Courtney's songs, imo, are hit or miss to a degree. They run the mill. Lots of “OK” songs... when they're great they are. When they're bad they're awful. I like her voice and attitude a lot, but realistically they're somewhat borrowed from Kat of Babes In Toyland... so after this little diatribe of mine, I hope those of you who love a good Courtney-Bashin'. Stop and examine why you feel the way you feel, and try and grow up a bit. Start to realize in obsessing over Kurt, you become something he would in all likelihood have contempt for... But I'm not holding my breath. Please address any hate mail you may wish to send my way.. right up you ass. ;) last thing, I promise... What exactly do you think Kurt would have to say to you after hearing you kind, and compassionate words to his wife? I'm not sure myself, but I'm pretty certain that there would be a fair amount of profanity, and perhaps a threat or two. ;)
  2. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Eh I really don't see the point of this post.

I mean after nearly 19 years does anyone really still believe that Courtney Love had anything to with his death when its long proven that he killed himself nor does anyone really care.

Not to mention no one to my knowledge has brought this topic up on this forum.
  3. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Hmm... well I'm not too sure where you are coming from. I assume since you say you're a heavy Nirvana fan you frequent fan forums or other venues like that.

I really can only speak on my point of view of this. I never was a huge Nirvana fan, but my friends were. Though his death never really included her in it for us. Infact on my part I didn't even know she was his wife. So... I mean his death was His death. Nothing more too it tbh for me. Suppose it matters who you talk to as alot of people place blame especially in unknowns. And suicide is a massive permenant unknown for the surrounding people. Be they family, or in this case fans. There will be some anger frustration and pain in the loss of someone that's known. Sometimes people re-direct/mis-direct that pain and over emphasis events that happened prior to that death in order to bring some "logic and sense" to the situation. Blame works the best because you can pour every feeling into it from rage to forgiveness.

Anyhow just my opinion. Can I ask what sparked this off? Was it comments on youtube? Because that place is riddled with people who will say anything there even if they know it's utter crap.
  4. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm an admirer of Courtney. This woman has been through a hell that few can imagine. Her history is fraught with abuse, starting at an early age, when her father started feeding her LSD at the age of 3-4 years old. She suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder, due to the abuse issues - that's where all of her "acting out" comes from. If she doesn't suffer from PTSD as well, I'd be surprised. I think she's marvelously strong to have gone through what she has, including Kurt's suicide, and still speak out her rage. She has a right to be enraged, and this rage has not only affected many women and girls, but empowered them, as well.

Fuck the haters. Haters gonna hate.
  5. A.SoNiC.boY

A.SoNiC.boY Well-Known Member

way to read the first line guys. :p

F-- on comprehension. :p
  6. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

..Really? .. :)

1112222 commented that it's been 19 years, basically saying that anyone whose still going on about this has some bone to pick. At the sametime querying context. I posted something similar, wondering where this is coming from. And Moon stated that people on yt(aswell as anywhere else) are gonna hate because they can.

We comprehend just fine. Sometimes people like to have more Context because it's not a common position for someone to take. :) If it's just youtube comments, fuck em. People will post that hitler causes global warming if they think it'll get a rise out of someone. People put as much thought into some of their comments as it takes to blink.
    The main reason I asked was because I thought something came up about it officially or something, cause it really got you going to be fair. And yeah... anyone who's bashing her really needs to get over themselves.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.