The name of this communtiy

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Little_me, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I recently told my therapist about this forum and how supportive it is to me and others in my situation. And she asked me for the name of it... I'm not sure but maybe she thinks now that this is that kind of suicide forum where you give others tips like HOW you commit suicide and have stuff like suicide buddys... :O oops! I mean, I find this place very HELPFUL. I don't want to live this live but I want a good life... Now she may think that I encourage others to commit suicide... I'm not! :S I just share my thoughts and feelings and I want to help others to choose life too.

Why do this community have this name- "Suicide Forum" when it can be so missunderstood?

2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

That is a good question.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Did you explain to her that this site isn't like that? I know the forum name is a little startling, but at least then it has the little description of how it's a support site for people in crisis. So even if she does think that, if she even visits the site, without opening any of the posts, she'll be able to see that it's a support site.

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

If she was worried she could com and check the site out.

I think the name can be useful for catching people looking for pro suicide forums, and they find themselves here instead and can benefit from it in a more pro life way. I would also guess its probably quite good for search engines to locate it.

5. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Because when you try to Google suicide+forum (as many suicidal people tend to, according to the threads posted here), it's the first result. It's much better to have the first result be a pro-life forum than not.

That's one reason, anyway.

Edit-Or what Scum said :laugh: I type too slow.

6. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

lol.... i am just joining in to say - yep. agree with the last two posts. it HAS to be named suicide forum. . .many of us found it by googling suicide because we were looking for methods. most of us did not google looking for ways to live . . . . .

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Talking about Suicide Forum definitely requires an explanation afterward. You have to mention that it is a place of support and that it helps you. If you leave it at Suicide Forum, many people might think it is a negative place.
    My therapist thinks it's great that I get support here.
    :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.