the need to bring control back to the world.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by nightowl15, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightowl15

nightowl15 Active Member

Does anyone else feel so sick of the crime and sex and corruption in this world like i do? i have been having feelings of wanting to be a vigilatne and show these people that it isnt only the cops they have to worry about. i know this may sound silly but i really feel something has to be done. The law seems ot have to many flaws and needs fixing. am i alone out there?

2. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Not at all. In fact I'm sickened by people who feel the need to impose their morals on others.

3. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Yar... who named you judge jury and executioner.
    My view on that is, you would be "makeing" this world that is hell for you the way you want it. .. Which in itself is someone elses hell.

Then again that could be used to never do anything. I don't believe front assault violence stops violence in general. I believe it's people who dedicate themselves to principles and respect for themselves and one another and who will stand up for what they believe in. Though then again, someone who believes in White supremacy will defend their beliefes and principles. So...
    I donno.

Btw when at what time ever was there "control" in this world? .. and i hate the word control by the way. Everything is life so... dictating it seems limited.
    What do you and do you not believe in nightowl15?

4. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

spiderman,,,, batman,,,,'V',,,,, superman,,,, which one are you then?

5. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

Something has to be done, I agree.

In fact, one of my favorite movies is The Boondock Saints (a quote from the movie in my signature), which revolves entirely around this idea.

However, vigilantism ultimately makes you just as bad as the criminal. Criminals have no regard for laws, and neither do vigilantes. Criminals think that they are the judge, jury, and executioner of all of their affairs, and so do vigilantes. Criminals act according to their own code of ethics alone, with no regard for others, and so do vigilantes.

The law has many flaws, and as concerned citizens, we need to fix them. However, we need to fix them in the poll booths with our votes, at the stores with our wallets, and by acting better then criminals. We shouldn't fix them with disregard to everything but our own means.

6. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

LIsten, the world is a hellhole. But violence will always beget violence. Especially from the violent.

7. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Yes, and I would imagine most sane people are also. Crime is an inevitabilty due to a naturally occuring trait in humans, that being greed. Corruption is greed also. Vigilantism is perfecvtly acceptable as long as it is for the common good. In this day and age, talk gets you nowhere, only by direct action can one make a difference. In my opinion anyway.

8. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I struggle with this acknowledgement of injustice and decadence at times, and it often breeds nihilistic sentiments on my part.

All any of us could do, beyond responding with apathy and moving on, is to commit to whatever good we can (charity, social work, etc) in the hopes of being some sort of light in the darkness.

Though inspite of this I press on, recognizing that there is still enough good out there to compensate, for me at least.

9. Just_a_guy

Just_a_guy Well-Known Member

Uhmmm... Bring BACK the control? I think its more peaceful here nowdays without the Mongols, Huns, etc. slaughtering everyone :rolleyes:

10. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

We've got the Allied forces in Iraq & Afghanistan now!

11. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Dr Manhatten

12. nightowl15

nightowl15 Active Member

u want to know which "veigilante" i would be like more? i think would mostly resemble batman mixed with "V". maby even a little punisher too. i know nothing would give me the right to be judge, jury and executioner. but what if the judges are bribed and the jury as well? sometimes i wonder if lady liberty is pretending to be blind.

13. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Times have been getting better actually, when one considers most of human history...

14. nightowl15

nightowl15 Active Member

maby not human history but society is getting worse i feel. there is so much hate. no respect. only respect out there are for the things that are not for the greater good. the next generation is not looking good.

15. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Meh, it's stupid anyways.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
  16. nightowl15

nightowl15 Active Member

we can measure there actions by how they effect the community. everything else u seem to have a point. maby i just hate humanity and how they act. we are the only intellegent species on this planet and we have no one to control us or tell us what is right and wrong. thoe it gives us the choice to to decide what is good and bad.

17. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

good and bad is relevant to the person stateing it. I get what you are saying but from someone elses angle you fit into their bad category.

Hey I bet hitler truly thought he was doing the right thing. He had it all justified, he was intelligent Humans arent that smart in my opinon.

18. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

You're fighting a losing battle. You really think you're the only one that's sick of all the crime and bullsh!t going on in the world? You think no one has tried to fix things? It's difficult when there's mentally ill psychopaths that the Liberals want us to tip toe around. Life is extremely complexed, there's lots of little reasons why everyone is so violent and bitter towards eachother and you have to take all the elements into consideration before you announce the obvious that "we need to bring back control."

Like there was ever any control to begin with anyway.

And vigilantism is an effing stupid idea. Try waking up and living in the real world. :rolleyes:

In short, get used to the way things are. The criminals are determined and the Liberals want to protect them and Liberals always seem to get their own way these days in western society.

19. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Acceptance of things as they are is the only thing that can bring peace.

20. pit

pit Well-Known Member

My favorite vigilante-ism

Charles Bronson - You believe in Jesus?

Punk - Yes.

Charles Bronson - Well, you're gonna meet him.

Punk - (Whimper)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.