The New Conversation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
sometimes kind of want to strike up a convo with someone when I'm out sometimes for sure. It is a complicated experience for me really cos when I'm not able to get the guts to do that (pretty much never) then I usually feel quite ashamed of myself for not being better at being able to just do that without worrying.
my therapist was just talking about this. she wants me to take measures to be more conversational with people. she says she’s able to strike up conversation with strangers. i have done that when i was much younger. but it always felt scary to me. generally most of the time it seems like it would be an unwanted impostion. but then, would it be if i was thinking of talking to someone, say, on the train who was standing near me and i had something pertinent to say and just supposed that that person looked like they were thinking “keep away” but actually were thinking of striking up a conversation with me. but who would know if no one starts talking. then again you always wonder if they will say something not nice...

Waves

Extra Extra. Read all about it. Hey. I welcome a conversation with you. What topics on on and off limits? Did you read Trump is requesting the Justice Department and us taxpayers to defend him in lawsuit for defamation against him?

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
SEEKING A FRIEND WHO ENJOYS AN ABUNDANCE OF ASSORTED (RANDOM, MISCELLANEOUS, SPECIFIC AND OTHER FORMS) OF THOUGHT - TO SHARE.

Generally people weary of my posts about 1/3 of the way down because 1/3 of my post = about double the average post and regardless of how interesting i may be, “c’mon, i have to read all that?” is not an unexpected refrain! so i thought it might be nice if there is someone who is into wordy, verbosity, nitpicking, seemingly unnecessary detail, “oh yes!” (adding one more point to one more point) etc to share with.

ok, another title to this post within a post could be WARNING - STAY AWAY, but i have a brain to contend with. l like it no more than you when it comes to an abundance of abundance but as they say, it is what it is. i truly doubt i will be changing in this respect any time soon even though i also believe i am changing dramatically in other respects. why one and not the other? - ask - but i doubt i have a short answer!

anyway i am not so conceited to i think that i am one in a million so there must be some more thought addicts amongst us here who will respond to my request. f or m, of any persuasion, assignment, impetus, genetics, non, nonspecificity, either, or, +, -, and whatever else i’m omitting by lack of foresight, candor, recognition, embarrassment or what have you (or have I, for that matter).

look, i kept this post under 17,000 words! maybe there’s hope. i always hope. in the mean time, i’d really like to have a few people to talk to. otherwise the words collect in all the recesses of this brain and become inflamed. i’ve been somewhat inflammation free for several days now and am hoping to keep it that way or better. I think this could be a very exciting and enriching association. it has to benefit you too to be good. give me half a chance and i will throw in a few more adjectives verbs and nouns - even a few conjunctions if you’d like! 🙀

d
BRILLIANT!—:^)..~*•>[lovely as always, @e.t.!;)^|~•>*_-]^) ☝️👍👌👏🤙😊😉✌️👋

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Extra Extra. Read all about it. Hey. I welcome a conversation with you. What topics on on and off limits? Did you read Trump is requesting the Justice Department and us taxpayers to defend him in lawsuit for defamation against him?
i’m open to any topic at all. i’m concerned though that talk about trump in a public forum on this site might be inflammatory to some. if it begins to go that way i would want that to stop because i think talk about other things in this thread would be better. its kind of a casual concept this thread is - and while i love political discussions, i do understand why some may not like it in a given setting.

if you would like to discuss that within SF guidelines i’m happy to. i’m just not certain of the guidelines in this respect and i’ll have to get advice on it.

i also hope you are not put off by my response. i’m happy to converse...

Sunday16

SF Supporter
Generally people weary of my posts
I enjoy your posts. You have a brain and from what I've read you use it without needing to be cruel or judgmental. That makes you a good conversationalist, IMHO. It's been a long time since I had a good conversation. Too many people talk just hear themselves, not to engage with others. (Spoiler Alert, I'm about to get complain-y) There aren't many people around here who know how to have a good conversation. They talk and when I try to respond, they cut me off so they can keep on talking and talking and talking and talking. It's annoying. It feels like they're afraid I'm going to hijack the conversation, when all I'm trying to do is add to it. So they pontificate and dominate and by the time they finish I'm no longer interested, which kind of defeats the point of a conversation.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
they cut me off so they can keep on talking and talking and talking and talking.
Ah, i call this CNNing. where the interviewer asks the guest a question and when she or he gets to the important stuff the interviewer comes on with something like “isn’t it...” which is leading to something already further down the line in the conversation or just says what the guest may have been intending to say before being cut off. then... oh! sorry! we’re out of time.

as for me, my wordiness comes first in a thread and like i mentioned above or in another thread, i know that smothers many’s possible replies. i’ve tried to curb that but i usually only manage to shave a word or two off or a sentence at best. with me its disordered thinking not self assertion. there is always so much to talk about. i wish people would feel like its there high school final exam so obligatorily the read the whole thing but after that, they canjust reply to one tiny point. i’d be ok with that - but to advise them of that ahead of time would easily add a couple more paragraphs to my post. 😱🙀 morass upon quagmire.

Waves

i’m open to any topic at all. i’m concerned though that talk about trump in a public forum on this site might be inflammatory to some. if it begins to go that way i would want that to stop because i think talk about other things in this thread would be better. its kind of a casual concept this thread is - and while i love political discussions, i do understand why some may not like it in a given setting.

if you would like to discuss that within SF guidelines i’m happy to. i’m just not certain of the guidelines in this respect and i’ll have to get advice on it.

i also hope you are not put off by my response. i’m happy to converse...
I understand. Politics is off limits. Casual topics is preferred. And you are open to converse. What is your poison? Sports? Weather? Pets? Food? Usual suspects I can think of. Look forward to conversations.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
I understand. Politics is off limits. Casual topics is preferred. And you are open to converse. What is your poison? Sports? Weather? Pets? Food? Usual suspects I can think of. Look forward to conversations.
these days poison is staying at home. but fortunately i’ve been going out for walks. i wish someone would come along with me but then i do like the time alone too. i go through a park and enjoy the wildlife there. bumble bees make me happy. a hawk lives in that park too. but this is not poison is it?

my real poison is hijacker my livein demon/not demon. my perpetrator of self harm. but i think i’m finally beginning to untangle that mystery.

maybe i spend too much time on SF. i don’t think so so i’m wondering what my poison is. must be hijacker. i’ve talked much about that and if you want to ask about it, feel free.

just on my mind now is bumble bees. i hear the could be going extinct so i’m happy i’ve seen some lately.

here’s one now:
IMG_20200617_161803.jpg

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Walks are not poison. Asking what you like to talk about. I think we can be addicted to talking.
Talking seems to easily go either way though and could be poison by what's being said or by how much, but in a time of covid and the like, more talk could be helpful in keeping a person sane!

Waves

Observation: People do not enjoy interacting with elderly. Question is why? Drawing upon research guessing it is: physicality, lack of common interests, elder is not rewarding.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Observation: People do not enjoy interacting with elderly. Question is why? Drawing upon research guessing it is: physicality, lack of common interests, elder is not rewarding.
this is a fascinating subject for me and frightening as well. did you know, that not very long ago - like when i was a child, an elderly person was someone in their upper 70s, 80s and on?... they were called senior citizens. lately on tv they show an ad for senior dating with a very sexy looking woman about 50 talking about how she is ready to get back into dating. are young people really considered senior citizens now? are they suggesting that she is “older” and losing her grip on her facilities to think and go out - like she might fall down and not be able to get up? this attitude is shocking. and to me that is a serious problem. i suspect this comes out of the healthcare/insurance company marriage and how they are doing their best to raise their wealth without regard to humanity and this sick attitude is trickling into other aspects of society. i think it is a serious issue but everyone seems to be fine with it. i’m not so sure the 50 year olds are so happy about it. whiy is society rushing everyone out so quickly? supposedly our lifespan is going to increase, not decrease. if everyone over 50 is determined to be well on their way to being infirm, what are we going to do with them. is anyone really prepared for the consequences?

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
its racing toward mid october. i’m feeling like by rights it should only be mid july. who knows where the time goes?
maybe this little one...
IMG_20200920_145935_01.jpg
maybe she knows...
its just rushing by me and it seems so ...leaving you behind and i don’t care...
but it is not that cruel, is it?
the bird is beautifful and the song is too. that lasts forever!!!

Waves

Hi Extra
I missed conversing with you. Sigh. Hard when have reached the last chapter in life, I do not make a difference.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Hi Extra
I missed conversing with you. Sigh. Hard when have reached the last chapter in life, I do not make a difference.
Hey Waves, stop by any time. I’ll be happy to see you!!! having someone to talk to does actually make a difference - for me and could be for you too!!! and i’m hoping that what might appear to be the last chapter is actually the last book filled with many more chapters. maybe just a dream but who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00